Main Target Summary:
The ME Project team is part of the TE ÉVORA AUTOMOTIVE plant. The department is responsible for the industrialization of new processes and products. The Évora automotive plant is a strategic location for the European automotive group of TE Connectivity with several new projects in the pipeline. The automotive product portfolio includes all types of relays, connectors, inductive systems and sensors.
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities:
- The Line engineer has technical focus on a complete assembly line, including the components and (over)mold, molding machine & periphery; works closely together with ME (Manufacturing Engineering) and Tool & Dies competence centers. Gives technical input to the core team member manufacturing if needed.
- Part of the ME team that consists of: the responsible mechanical designer, electro designer and mechanician of the line. The link between ME / T&D / suppliers and the core team member manufacturing.
- Technical focus is on specific technologies like winding, welding, dispensing, molding, gluing and others.
- For the components: focus is to evaluate if components are of the required quality in order to use in the assembly line.
- Technical coordination of the ME team (GO meetings) from the moment that the complete line is build up and the debugging starts.
- Master or Bachelor in Engineering (Preference in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering or similar)
- Experience in automotive industry
- MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Statistical know-how
- English, written and spoken
- Team spirit
- Technical focus
- Efficient, focus on results
- Have attention to detail