The BNP Paribas Group is a worldwide leader in banking and financial services, employing over 188,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents.
With a strong presence of 6 600 employees working in Europe, Asia and the United States and €341 billion of assets under management, BNP Paribas Wealth Management (“WM”) is a leader of the Private Banking industry.
RISK WM is responsible globally for the management of the credit and counterparty risk on private individuals’ customers of the Wealth Management business line.
As part of the RISK function, the team is a key and independent partner of the Wealth Management business line as it helps defining and implementing credit policies applicable to the credit activity and contributes to the credit decisions, credit risk monitoring and credit risk reporting of the business. The team is represented in various locations where BNP Paribas Wealth Management operates.
From a RISK standpoint, the team covers the International Europe Market Region of Wealth Management, including Switzerland.
Risk WM Exposure Management team mission is to establish and manage the reporting process and the control framework, on a second-level basis, of credit risks in compliance with WM Risk subsidiary procedures and local regulations.
Credit Risk Monitoring
- Ensure an efficient framework of controls on the following aspects:
- Completeness check on the irregulars identification process done by the Credit Department
- Periodic review of irregulars during the irregulars committee
- Consistency checks on key risk exposures follow up by Credit Department
- Produce specific or global portfolio analysis when deemed necessary
- Alert Business and Management in case of deterioration of risk level or non-respect of Group’s credit procedures
WDD & Provision Management
- Contribute as second-level to the watch-listed & doubtful files and provision management
- Ensure organization of Watch-list & Doubtful Committees
Data Quality & Integrity & Credit Risk Reporting
- Contribute to data quality process by implementing a dynamic control framework on critical data and liaise with Chief Data Officer or Group requirements
- Contribute to / produce Credit Risk reporting & analysis in coordination with Risk WM delegation holders & WM subjects
- Contribute to define and perform adequate data reconciliation process
- Contribute to / produce risk regulatory / transversal reporting
Risk Information & Systems
- As second level of control, ensure risk management systems are adequate
- Contribute to the definition of credit risk systems evolutions (under HO governance)
- Develop (and maintain) ad-hoc monitoring & reporting tools when appropriate
- Contribute to the documentation of RISK WM procedures
- Participate in credit risk related projects as needed
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of the business line products and risks
- Contribute to RISK WM Permanent Control framework (for relevant WM sites), including the follow-up of audit recommendations (WM perimeter) and ensure the related reporting
- Produce RISK WM Key Activity Indicators (KAIs) related to his/her perimeter
- Ensure management of RISK WM teams IT accesses
- Master degree in Finance, Economy, Business Administration or Management
- At least 3 years professional experience, namely Private Banking, Investment banking, Corporate Banking.
- Previous operations or back office experience will be valued
- Experience in risk areas will be valued/ Project management experience in risk related projects will be valued
- Good capacity and willingness to work and use IT systems
- Good command of IT systems (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access). Knowledge of Risk and data related solutions (business object…) is a strong advantage
- Organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner
- Analytical skills, rigorous, ability to summarize and report, quick learner and adaptable
- Good communication skills, client oriented and experienced in multicultural projects.
- Strong resistance to stress
- Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate)
- Good understanding of French and speaking (minimum A2 – B1 Level, CECRL certificate)