Euronext Technologies recently started some major programs to: redesign Trading Platforms used to run Euronext Markets, industrialize its IT and implement Agile methodologies. Good tools strongly integrated and automation over Continuous Integration / Delivery and Testing are key features.
We are seeking a motivated software and operations engineer with a passion implementing current trends in continuous integration, delivery, and testing. The person in this role will have a very good understanding of the software development and deployment pipeline and help us to streamline development to allow for continuous feature release of SaaS applications.
The Tools and Automation Engineer is responsible for the design, support, and deployment of the tools & automation infrastructure used to build, deploy and test software packages across multiple environments. This position is responsible for the implementation of solutions used to automate deployment and testing of applications, middleware and configuration to Linux and Windows systems.
The Tools and Automation Engineer will also be responsible for the design, deployment, support, and automation of the scheduling and the monitoring infrastructure used to monitor systems across multiple environments.
This person must be able to collaborate with several geographically diverse development and operational teams in order to deliver new projects from build to production.
Part of a team distributed over Paris and Porto, the candidate must be able to work with limited supervision and organize backlog and priorities for activities in Porto.
In addition to providing support during normal business hours, the engineer will provide on-call support and periodic support for scheduled off-hours maintenance. The ideal candidate must have the ability to think quickly and respond appropriately to alerts/issues.
- Plan, manage and provide tools infrastructure and support
- Working closely with Technical Leader and Project Managers to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to and work closely with Technical Leader to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
- Assignment and handling of requests, incidents and changes
- Providing accurate tasks estimates and keep ticketing systems updated
- Manage relationships with others I&O teams
- Help teams to use tools in our portfolio
- Work closely with business, development and Ops teams to implement cross-level monitoring (Nagios, ELK, Grafana, InfluxDB, etc.)
- Help teams to implement efficient schedules in all environments
- Administrate and support Core IT tools (GitLab, Redmine, Jenkins, Nexus, Nagios, Coverity, Sonarqube, BlackDuck, ELK, InfluxDB, Grafana, Tidal, etc.)
- Undertake small analysis projects in the form of consultancy
- Work closely with business and IT teams to implement automation and industrialization
- Producing clear and accurate documentation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Engineer, with at least 5 years of IT experience (sys. admin and/or developer)
- Good experience managing applications deployed on Linux systems
- Efficient with some monitoring tools (Nagios, Centreon, ELK…) and/or scheduler (like Tidal, Visual TOM, $U, Control M)
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Basic/good experience with configuration management tools preferably Ansible
- Efficient Linux skills required
- Nice to have: Windows admin knowledge
- Some experience with Jenkins/ including deploying and managing servers and creating automation scripts
- Experience with Container technology preferably Docker and related systems
- Strong familiarity with Git source code version management
- BA/BS in CS, CIS or other IT degree program or equivalent experience preferred
- Demonstrable ability to be confident, pragmatic and tenacious and work as a self-starter requiring limited supervision
- Fluent English