Who are we?
Cognizant is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. At Cognizant, we believe those who challenge the way they work today will lead the way tomorrow. We’re a global leader in business and technology services, helping our clients bring the future of work to life—today
About the HR Manager Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible to devise the HR strategy and set-up HR operations for Cognizant’s newest location in South Europe – Lisbon, Portugal. This role requires you to transform our global HR policies as per local Portuguese industry practices and create a best-in-class HR support for our employees in Portugal. You will be collaborating with multiple stakeholders and teams to understand business needs and organizational strategic priorities and will be working a fast paced dynamic environment to deliver those.
Job Description: HR Manager
- Creates HR policies and processes integrating our global practices and local norms
- Provides HR support and advice to management and employees.
- Executes and advises on key HR areas like payroll, benefits, personnel files, labour conditions and social law
- Guide the management and employees on career planning, progression and compensation matters
- Initiates all activities and HR administration for employees; contracts, promotion letters, exit process, informing on health insurance and social security
- Continuously evolves industry knowledge, regulatory issues and changing business environment in order to adjust HR programs, policies and practices in an effective and complaint manner.
- Liaisons with external agencies and advisors
- Ensures compliance to local legislation and labour audit requirements
- Maintains employee files and mandatory documentation
- Advices HR Shared Services to transition operational activities
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources
- Experience of HR processes, policies and procedures in BPO/BPS
- Functional knowledge of personnel administration.
- Minimum 8 years of HR work experience
- Knowledge of labor legislation of Portugal
- Self-starter with strong organizing skills
- A team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize, organize and follow through on
- Capable to work with a wide range of people and cultural backgrounds
- Highly customer focused
- Ability to work effectively with confidential information
- Ability to work under time constraints and pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Portuguese
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,)