Main Target Summary:
The ME Project team is part of the TE ÉVORA AUTOMOTIVE plant. The department is responsible for the industrialization of new processes and products. The Évora automotive plant is a strategic location for the European automotive group of TE Connectivity with several new projects in the pipeline. The automotive product portfolio includes all types of relays, connectors, inductive systems and sensors.
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities:
- Within the interdisciplinary Core Team (Regional and Global, with Business, Engineering, Finance, Procurement and Quality) participates in the development process of new products and processes, provide outputs and deliverables according to the internal procedures
- Support the Core Team Leader for customer contact for manufacturing issues (regular meetings & telephone conferences, R&R, etc.), timing, general questions.
- Define the needed resources per core team member and discuss this, supported by the CTL, with the functional leaders
- Overall internal project timing (including release, time needed for drawings, etc.): not only the process info
- Make, update and if needed communicate this to the management in reviews
- Overall coordination of the complete manufacturing processes (molds / dies / lines / supplied components & processes) with internal or external suppliers
- Tool and equipment orders and follow up the timing of all the tooling & components
- Calculation & decision process: ask quotes to the suppliers and together with procurement, decide which quotes will be used
- Transfer new products and processes to manufacturing: plan the ramp up with operations already in an early phase
- Prepare calculation input for finance
- Master in Engineering (university Master’s degree), preference in Mechanical Engineering;
- Experience of 3 years in project leading activities;
- Experience in automotive industry;
- MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project);
- English, written and spoken;
- Team spirit;
- Efficient, focus on results;
- Forward thinking.