Euronext is the leading pan-European exchange in the Eurozone with nearly 1,300 listed issuers worth close to €3.5 trillion in market capitalisation as of end March 2017, an unmatched blue chip franchise consisting of 25 issuers in the EURO STOXX 50® benchmark and a strong diverse domestic and international client base.
Product Support is the team, within the Infrastructure & Operations department, responsible for providing product expertise and consultancy across numerous facets. The team is responsible for the following areas:
- Management and resolution of all identified software issues raised in the production markets of all EURONEXT customers.
- Assessment and communication to the customer of the business impact of software defects.
- Scope and manage the delivery of product (patch releases/Hotfixes) into the production systems.
- Providing support to the go-live, tests and training for the customers “Market Solutions” on site or remotely.
- Manage the annual Audit of our applications for the customers “Market Solutions”, on site.
- Assist the “Market Solutions’ customers in their various issues
- Provision of product expertise in pre-sales for “Markets Solution” customers.
- Participate in the level 2 support for Euronext and all its customers
We are seeking a motivated engineer with a passion for analysis, coordination and communication. The person in this role will be the preferred and direct interface with the customer and ensure the link with the various IT teams.
This person must be able to collaborate with several geographically diverse development and operational teams in order to deliver software release from development to production. In addition to providing support during normal business hours, the engineer will provide on-call support and periodic support for scheduled off-hours maintenance. This person must be able to travel for the various on-site missions of “Markets Solution” customers.
The key accountabilities for this role are:
- React quickly to problems reported in live market.
- Communicate the business impact of all software defects to Senior Business users and agree the priority and resolution patch of each defect.
- Manage the analysis, development, test and implementation of product enhancements (patch releases / Bug fixes) into the production systems.
- Understand – to an appropriate level of detail – the technical environment and the inter-relationships and dependencies of system components within the EURONEXT product set;
- Establish solid working relationships across all teams within ITS and I&O.
- Support the Product Support team in achievement of its overall goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Engineer, with 1-5 years of IT experience
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Good interpersonal skills adequate for dealing and communicating clearly with the teams and the clients
- Excellent written skills adequate for documenting complex assumptions, risks and commitments clearly and unambiguously
- The ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrable ability to be confident, pragmatic and tenacious and work as a self-starter requiring limited supervision
- Fluent English
- Some knowledge in DB and development is a plus