Euronext is the leading pan-European exchange in the Eurozone with nearly 1,300 listed issuers worth close to €3.5 trillion in market capitalisation as of end March 2017, an unmatched blue chip franchise consisting of 25 issuers in the EURO STOXX 50® benchmark and a strong diverse domestic and international client base.
Euronext Technologies recently started some major programs to: redesign Trading Platforms used to run Euronext Markets, industrialize its IT and implement Agile methodologies.
We are seeking a motivated operations engineer with a passion implementing current trends in continuous delivery, integration, testing and operations. The person in this role will have a solid experience in operations and understanding of the software deployment pipeline and hands-on experience in a continuous delivery environment and help us to streamline development to allow for continuous feature release of SaaS applications.
The DevOps Application Integration Engineer is in charge of applications production and ensure “operability” of the implemented solution in projects:
- Contribute to define technical solution and design to operate applications
- Define, prioritize and validate technical user stories to operate applications
- Manage the run and availability from QA to Prod: operate, implement monitoring, interface with agile teams
- Coordinate I&O teams to integrate services into the IS
- Organize and realize technical test
- Broadcast good practices internally and externally and capitalize from projects experience
The DevOps engineer is the first point of contact for helping application engineers with troubleshooting, tools usage and training. As a member of our team in the new Euronext organization, the DevOps Engineer provides efficient and accurate support to the team and work closely with other services (I&0, Development, QA and PMO) to unify methodologies and improve current processes. In addition to providing support during normal business hours, the engineer will provide on-call support and periodic support for scheduled off-hours maintenance. The ideal candidate must have the ability to think quickly and respond appropriately to alerts/issues.
- Provide Architecture design, implementation, and support for the tools and automation infrastructure (used by all IT: development, QA and Ops teams)
- R&D: investigate and evaluate new tools
- Fight the technical debt by continuously upgrading/improving the existing infrastructure
- Build new packages needed for productivity and automation
- Configuration and support of application-level monitors (Nagios, ELK, etc.)
- Work closely with the development, QA and Ops teams to implement changes and resolve issues
- Adhere to operational best practices in a high transactional environment
- Communicate with stakeholders (Agile and Ops teams) regarding status of project deliverables, problem resolution, and post mortem root cause analysis of issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Must have Extensive IT experience
- Good experience supporting and managing applications deployed on Linux systems
- Strong experience supporting and managing vendors applications
- Good experience with configuration management tools preferably Ansible
- Some experience with Jenkins/ including deploying and managing servers and creating automation scripts
- Experience with Container technology preferably Docker and related systems
- Good at Python and Shell scripting
- Nice to have: programming experience with Ruby, Java or PHP
- Good experience with configuration and administration of the following:
- Redhat Linux ; Microsoft Windows Server platforms
- Nagios and Nagios Network Monitor ; ELK
- Apache httpd; Apache Tomcat; MySQL / MySQL Cluster
- Efficient Linux administration skills required
- Experience and understanding of DevOps Methodology
- Experience working within change management procedures and compliance
- BA/BS in CS, CIS or other IT degree program or equivalent experience preferred
- Demonstrable ability to be confident, pragmatic and tenacious and work as a self-starter requiring limited supervision.
- Fluent English