The successful candidate will be working at our TagusPark office (Oeiras), in a hands-on capacity and immediate contact with application development teams of the Platform group responsible for backend solutions. Emphasis of the role is on continuous delivery and “total automation”.
- Working closely with a cross-functional team of Software Engineers, QA Automation, Operations and business stakeholders to ensure smooth deployments of software updates.
- Pro-actively work with the team to improve the process of building and deploying solutions across all test and production environments.
- Develop and maintain reusable automation scripts and components with variety of build and deployment automation tools, including but not limited to: git implementations (e.g. Bitbucket), build runners (e.g. Bamboo or Jenkins), deployment automation (e.g. Octopus) and AWS IaC (infrastructure as a code) scripts.
Essential skills & experience:
- Experience as a Build/Release Engineer in an Agile development environment.
- Strong scripting and automation skills, especially PowerShell.
- Wholistic approach to the application development and strong owner attitude of the functionality provided to the customers.
- Experience with any of the following build and deployment automation platforms: TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Web Deploy (MSDeploy), TFS, AWS CodeDeploy, GoCD.
- Experience of deploying .NET Framework applications and components (WCF, ASP.NET, Windows services etc.)
- Experience in automating database deployments, database versioning and source control.
- Industry experience working high volumes of data in 24/7 environment.
Education and nice to haves:
- BSc computer science/engineering or similar.
- Successful experience with large enterprise scale solutions
- Working experience or good understanding of .Net Framework and C#
- Development and/or DBA experience with MS SQL Server.