QA Automation Engineer role in the Platform Group is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious test automation developer to join our expanding R&D team in Lisbon. QA Automation Engineer is responsible for test automation of the company’s award-winning web application suite’s backend. This is including but not limited to internal and external API endpoints, microservices, complex data storage layer and distributed caching.
- Create and maintain automated test suites using C#, NUnit, mocking frameworks and proprietary testing platforms developed in-house.
- Execute, investigate and report on the success of automated tests as part of an Agile development lifecycle.
- Conduct thorough investigation of automation test failures and troubleshoot the issues.
- Conduct research and Proof of Concepts on emerging technologies.
- Provide effort estimations for the individual assignments and constant feedback to the team.
- Participate in code reviews and design workshops.
- Work as part of a cross functional agile development team.
Knowledge and experience:
- 4 years of experience in QA
- 2 years of experience in the development of test automation frameworks and automated tests, preferably using C#.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent education.
- Strong knowledge of REST, SOAP protocols.
- SQL proficiency (intermediate level).
- Strong understanding of Object Orientated Design practices.
- Experience with backend solution technologies, knowledge of communication protocols (TCP, HTTP, SOAP, etc.)
- Good understanding and experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with protobuf is a plus.
- Result oriented and focused on successful delivery.
- Good communicator with both technical and non-technical subjects.
- Demonstrates strong sense of ownership, enthusiasm for technology and initiative.
- Natural team player.
- Interested in building career in the fast-paced and growing team environment.