An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proven Engineering Manager To develop and execute the activities of Engineering within the Plant to respect procedures, ensure the quality of processes, the launching of new programs in delay, quality and costs, and improve the processes.
Core responsibilities will be:
- Assess and complete the Plant Engineering organization to ensure adequate resources are allocated to the business.
- Ensure engineering department leading role in the plant and in the programs – measured with overall customer satisfaction and results.
- Reduce Customer complaints related to an engineering root cause.
- Establish and validate a PY control plan to validate that PY work properly.
- Maintain PFMEA and ensure periodical reviews to adapt it and ensure its effectiveness
- Participate in process validations assessing engineering items.
- Apply new ideas and processes to include in the (improvement plan).
- Launch Kaizen workshops to improve layouts and internal processes.
- Standardize tooling changes.
- Solve engineering red table issues respecting delays.
- Implement reviewed specifications for compliance items.
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering or technical related subject.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience working as an Engineering Manager for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 automotive supplier.
- Good working knowledge of: FMEA, Problem solving tools.
- Organizational skills – a proven record in being able to plan and track project activities.
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English, Spanish is advantageous.