Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Porto Tech Centre (PTC) is Jumia’s IT development centre, with around 200 IT-specialists. Porto Tech Centre was created in 2012 with the aim of focusing on IT development. At PTC, we provide you with a unique and exciting opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment and develop smart solutions for our group companies. We do e-commerce online shops, logistics, business intelligence and mobile applications, involving a wide range of high-end technologies for tens of millions customers. The software we create is present in more than 20 countries. Working at PTC means being in the first line of e-commerce development in emerging markets.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
- Enabling faster and better decision-making by our leaders as well as automation of processes
- Developing new dashboards & reports globally in accordance with group priorities;
- Maintaining and optimizing existing dashboards & reports;
- Data exploration to understand current data availability; data mining in order to propose new analysis and evaluate feasibility of fulfilling new information requests from management.
- Contribute to preparing data requests for systems teams in order to facilitate the automation of the reporting domain;
- Execution of diverse analytical projects using statistical as well as machine learning techniques to guide and drive business decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Mathematics or IT related field;
- Prior experience in an analytical / planning role;
- Prior experience in retail, e-commerce and/or financial institution;
- Exposure to financial analysis preferred;
- Proficiency in English;
- Prior experience in data visualization and with tools like PowerBI, SSRS
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications like Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- High level understanding of data management, e.g MS SQL and other tools.
Personal qualities & behavioural traits:
- Proactivity and initiative to drive projects successfully
- Open communicator to manage relationships with our global stakeholders
- Team player to work successfully with our analyst community
- Love of change to keep up with the fast-paced growth at Jumia
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.