The Project Manager is responsible for managing various engineering projects and is accountable for leading the project(s) to a successful conclusion to ensure that each project meets the design requirements and contractual obligations for TE. The type, size and scope of the project are dependent on the Project Manager’s experience and competencies.
The Project Manager directs cross-functional project team members, including marketing, engineering, sales, product management and operations. The Project Manager is fully accountable to the Project Approval Committee (PAC) for his / her projects.
This role will provide technical, tactical and strategic leadership over product development projects, leading the technical domain of single or multiple strategic development projects from first idea to final project status. The Project Manager is responsible for managing the development process and manufacturing preparations for new products from initial design concepts up to the point of released production at a manufacturing site. The role will contribute to Department-level technology and product decisions.
This position willl be located in Evora (Portugal).
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as the “GM” for the project to ensure that the project meets the design requirements and contractual obligations for TE
- Proactively drives the detail of the project charter and the P&L accuracy for the project through all project phases
- Provide tactical leadership over the project:
- Initiate the project – undertake processes to define the new project or a new phase of an existing project by obtaining the appropriate authorization. Understand all requirements of both TE and the industry / customer before the project is started.
- Plan – undertake processes to establish the scope of the project, refine the objectives and define the course of action required to attain the design requirements and contractual obligations for TE. Estimate phase times and work with functional managers to ensure appropriate resources are available to achieve project goals.
- Execute – undertake processes and activities (per activity template) to complete the work defined in the project management plan in order to satisfy project specifications.
- Monitor and Control – undertake the processes to track, review, and regulate the progress and performance of the project. Identify any areas in which changes to the plan are required and initiate the corresponding corrective actions. Exert appropriate level of control over the project to ensure the deadlines and deliverables are met according to the project plan. Proactively manage project to prevent delays to the schedule or budget overruns.
- Close – undertake processes to finalize all activities across the project team and with Stakeholders to formally close the project or phase and transfer the project to full scale productions and lifecycle engineering controller to close a cancelled project.
- Actively identify & manage risks associated with the project to ensure that the risks are either prevented or mitigated. Ensure that long-term liabilities are considered and managed.
- Identify relevant stakeholders (Product Management, Sales, Engineering, TE Customers, Suppliers, etc) and align stakeholders to the requirements of the project. Drive stakeholders to achieve goals of the project by leveraging skills of the project team.
- Identify and organize resources (i.e. a project team) for the project. Drive and lead project team (non-direct reports) by holding members accountable for deliverables and escalate issues as needed.
- Ensure that the project is aligned with the BU’s growth strategy and drive opportunity champion to help stakeholders to understand how the project is aligned to the strategy. Ensure that concerns are raised and resolved if the project is not aligned with the BU’s growth strategy.
- Challenge project and associated product information and sales forecasts as necessary, or provide project data to Product Manager in order to challenge Sales forecasts.
Key Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- University Degree required, Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in various Engineering assignments
- Experience with data analytics and presentation preferred
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification preferred (CAPM, PMP, or PgMP)
- Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Ability to work within a cross functional team to maintain schedule and financial goals throughout a project
- Ability to run multiple projects at the same time
- Fluent Portuguese and English language skills