Champalimaud Research (CR), a basic science research programme based in the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown (CCU), is seeking a full-time designer to support the CR research community.
The position is a part of the CR Support Units, a group of professional staff that supports the research, education and scientific outreach efforts of the unit and will be integrated in the Science Communication team.
This full-time position will support design needs for a multitude of internal and external communication initiatives, from sharing with CR members the latest news and events, to advertising scientific conferences and outreach events to a wide range of audiences.
Candidates for this position should be meticulous, self-motivated, creative and willing to work in a dynamic research environment.
- The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- To manage web development projects from concept to production (projects will include research-related websites, events, conferences and workshops websites)
- Produce communication and graphic design materials (posters, banners, layouts, logos, booklets, brochures, flyers… for scientific conferences, workshops, outreach initiatives, educational programmes)
- Design layout and infographics for institutional documents, such as the annual report
- Preparation of images/illustration to visually communicate research news, to be sent out with press releases for media purposes and for our online magazine about science (Ar Magazine –http://magazine.ar.fchampalimaud.org/)
- Elaboration of visual guidelines and materials for the signage of the CCU research spaces
- Undergraduate degree (BSc or Lic.) in a relevant field;
- Experience with css, html, java coding languages;
- Great proficiency using Adobe creative cloud application ( Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) or equivalents (Inkscape, Gimp, etc.);
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Illustrator, InDesign, Muse and Dreamweaver;
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with WordPress or other content management systems, specifically custom themes and plugin development;
- Digital and non-digital illustration skills;
- Experience in one or in several of the following: interactive design, game design, motion design, multimedia, digital media motion design;
- Ability to read and write in English and Portuguese;
- Experience working in a research environment;
- Interest in learning technology-related skills is relevant;
- Experience in Adobe CC After-Effects & Premiere.