WHO ARE WE?
We are a New York-based early stage, high-growth company that is redefining the workplace for the modern knowledge worker. Our first product is a phone booth that is soundproof, well-ventilated, flat-packed for easy shipping, beautifully designed, and priced to be a fraction the cost of existing options. We take an innovative approach to the materials and construction of our booth, and we sell directly to customers at a revolutionary price point with no hidden fees or additional hassle.
Since introducing our product to the market at the end of 2017, we have already sold out the first three months of production. We are looking to hire a Technical Project Manager based in Portugal to be our primary liaison with the local supply chain. This person will assist in quality control, achieving cost targets, materials and resource planning, and logistics.
WHAT’S THE ROLE?
- Serve as primary point of contact between Company and suppliers.
- On-site production line audit and defect analysis.
- Ensure product quality according to design specifications, both for mechanical and electronic sub-assemblies; design and implement QC and QA plans.
- Oversee product testing, third party certifications, and product compliance.
- Submit daily/weekly status reports to Company’s management team.
- Coordinate new product introduction programs, ensuring delivery on time and under budget.
- Manage production schedule and capacity analysis with factory; manage materials and resources planning.
- Coordinate logistics of supply chain as well as of finished product shipments.
- Source and audit new suppliers; develop and maintain new supplier relationships.
- Optimize BOM and production costs.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are an experienced manufacturing professional with diverse skills. You are eager to work at an innovative company in which you can be entrepreneurial and have a big impact. You have an engineering background, and you understand how to specify, design, build, qualify, and deploy manufacturing processes.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an engineering field: manufacturing, industrial engineering, or mechanical engineering.
- 5+ years of work experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally within the furniture or home appliances industry.
- Experience in QC and QA.
- CAD software proficiency (2D and 3D).
- Strong English and Portuguese language skills: verbal, written, and technical.
- Job located in Porto/Paços de Ferreira, with traveling required.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong sense of teamwork.
- Experience in any of the following areas would be a plus: acoustic engineering, furniture making, bonding, lamination and formation processes, electronics assembly and testing.