Private Equity Insights is a dedicated Private Equity platform operating across Europe and South-East Asia. At our distinguished, regionally-focused events, we gather together the most significant players from throughout the PE industry for a day of enriching panel discussions, inspiring keynotes, and highly valuable networking opportunities. We now organise ten conferences per year, in Germany, France, Benelux, Poland & CEE, Switzerland, Iberia, Italy, UK, the Nordics, and South East Asia.
PE insights is growing rapidly (we aim to go from 20 FTE to 60 FTE in 2 years) and is looking for a financial manager with CFO potential to join the Private Equity Insights team based out of Lisbon, Portugal.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with a strong background in Finance and Accounting, and a broad set of strategic, operational, analytical and commercial skills. The ideal candidate for this position has a “no-job-too-big-or-small” mentality, is passionate about our mission, and is excited about the opportunity to be a strategic financial partner to the CEO of a dynamic, impactful, rapidly growing business.
For the right candidate, the job can become very tailored to fit needs, interests and ambitions.
- Manage the company’s accounting function, including billing and payables
- Produce management accounts and variance analysis to budget/forecast.
- Ensure the smooth running of monthly payments and expenses process, incl. banking set-up
- Optimize procurement and ensure accounts payable is run effectively and supplier queries are answered in a timely manner
- Invoicing and collection of revenue, cost control, implementing control procedures.
- Working with the CEO to create quarterly and yearly plans, routine forecasts and own the budget
- Ensure adequate financial reporting is in place to fulfil regulatory and management needs, including monthly accounts, reports to boards and tracking monthly KPIs
- Monitor cash balances and prepare monthly cash forecast
- Responsible for production of annual statutory accounts and other company reporting
- Ensure year-end runs smoothly and within set deadlines
- Ensure all accounting is supported by contractual documentation
- Collaborate with sales and sales operations teams to optimize the efficiency and quality of revenue recognition and forecasting
- All legal and HR related matters
- Project-based work and ad hoc support for the CEO
- Contribute to the improvement of financial processes and procedures
- 4+ years of experience from a Big 4 auditing firm followed by several years of Graduated with distinction in your Master’s; CPA exam is a plus
- Highly analytical, quantitative, systematic and organized and yet have a pragmatic and problem-solving approach
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and finance/accounting software (experience in Xero a plus)
- Entrepreneurial mindset, analytical, quantitative, systematic and organized
- Keen to work in a highly dynamic and international environment, self-starter with ability to lead
- Excitement about the opportunity to work very hard (don’t expect to leave at 5 pm)
- Independently and bear responsibility as an outstanding, motivating team leader
- Outstanding English communication skills (both written and verbal); Trustworthy and honest person with a clean record
- Exceptional problem-solving ability. Excel at solving problems that require logical reasoning, creative thinking, comfort with numbers, and the ability to untangle complex issues
- Resident in Portugal or ready to relocate
Please send all applications in English.