NOTE: If you don’t receive an email, please check your SPAM box in the next 3-5 working days from submitting your linkedin application.
Would you like to travel to the world’s key energy markets and meet some of the biggest names in the oil and gas boardroom? If the answer is yes, then The Oil & Gas Year wants you to join its sales team.
The Oil & Gas Year is a provider of business intelligence, strategic communications and networking for the global energy industry through its peerless online platform TOGYiN and a series of annual print publications.
We are looking for dynamic, energetic and creative people to promote The Oil & Gas Year’s flagship products and are offering highly attractive entry-level compensation packages, but the sky is the limit for successful candidates.
You will be based overseas for 11 months a year in one of more than 30 destinations, meeting top-level business executives and gathering in-depth information on the oil and gas industry.
You will receive intensive training and continuous on-the-job development and support from our HQ team, whose combined years of experience will give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to succeed on the global stage.
Please keep in mind that this job is for people who are willing to travel and relocate to countries in the world throughout the year.
- BA or MA with sound knowledge of international politics, economics, marketing or communications
- One to three years of relevant work experience
- Fluent in both written and spoken English (with additional languages such as Spanish, French or Portuguese a major plus)
- Results-driven, ambitious, energetic, flexible
- No travel restrictions
- Building up contact lists and profiling the key companies in each country
- Establishing and executing business strategies
- Analysing market data and defining sales potential
- Working abroad 11 months of the year
- Negotiating and closing communication campaigns with government institutions and private sector companies
- Attending exhibitions, conferences, and other PR activities
What We Offer
- An attractive compensation package, including health insurance, work expenses, accommodation, communication and travel
- Training and fast-track promotion to mid-level team member and subsequently to project director
- The opportunity to meet world leaders, senior government officials, CEOs and influential contacts worldwide
What we are looking for
- Hard-working candidates who can work effectively within a team
- Excellent adaptability to an international environment with a wide exposure to various cultures and customs
- Ambitious, results-driven, competitive, self-starter
- A highly independent and vivacious personality
- Year-round availability and the flexibility to live anywhere in the world for four to five months at a time
- Excellent personal and professional presentation
- Can meet demanding deadlines and keep a cool head under pressure