Are you an experienced and successful Senior Buyer from a Pharmaceutical background? If so you will have the ability to join a forward thinking Pharmaceutical manufacturer and be the driver for change in a role where you will meet with clients and shape your department.
The main responsibilities include:
- Deploying purchasing strategies for the categories under management;
- Execute all of the required operational activities related with procurement and management of materials and services required for the company, according with the defined policies;
- Manage suppliers’ relationship (operational level), establishing sustainable and reliable partnerships, according to the supplier segmentation established, you will also do this with the ability to client face.
- Be able to negotiate the best purchasing terms and conditions according to the Purchasing Policy of the Company.
- Liaise with other global sites to ensure the right level of spend is captured and consolidated, and economies of scale attained, thereby leveraging the company’s global buying power;
- Perform regular market analysis and benchmarking to ensure the continuous improvement in both cost and quality;
- Enhance the level of service for new projects in terms of speed to market and cost;
- Improve right first time quality, promote external and internal efficiencies;
- Enable new businesses, develop and promote frequent make vs. buy analysis and trigger innovation from the supplier base.
Main requirements that you must be able to demonstrate:
- Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related / professional experience.
- Fluent in English and knowledge of Portuguese and Chinese is a plus
- Willing to travel
- Good knowledge of the Chinese pharmaceuticals market culture and ability to speak the market language (preferred)
- Pharmaceutical Sourcing and Procurement experience (preferred)
- GMP/HSE operational experience at pharmaceutical manufacturing organization (preferred)
- Preferably have certified auditing experience (e.g. ISO, ICHQ7)
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills, easily adapted to multi-cultural environments.
- Autonomy, dynamism, flexibility and capacity to work under pressure in simultaneous multi projects
- Good organisation, precision and responsibility
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Good sense of team work
- Ability to continuously challenge the status quo, develop new concepts and break “change management barriers”
The role is offering a competitive salary plus bonus and employee benefits. It is a role where as stated above, you will have the ability to challenge management and deliver change.