WHAT THEY DO
Our client is changing the way genetics researchers discover and interact with human DNA data. Data access is difficult and time-consuming, a bottleneck for advances in cancer and genetic diseases research. Our ambition is to provide a data access process so smooth, it will be as simple as ‘one click to DNA data access’.
- Be responsible for architecting and developing our core platform and infrastructure enabling fast discovery and efficient access to genomic data.
- Bring technical vision, a great work ethic, and a positive attitude to inspire teams and scale a business.
- Write efficient, thoroughly tested and proactively optimize server-side code to ensure high performance and robustness – our current stack is Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elastic.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI) are important for us but we’re not as strong as we would like. We expect you to take the lead promote and strive for best practices within the dev team.
- Explain complex technological concepts in a simple fashion.
- Solid industry experience (5+ years) building software platforms at scale, dealing with many machines, and debugging real systems using NodeJS
- Excellent understanding on how the web works. Experience with HTTP and TCP/IP and how a proper RESTful API looks like.
- Experience with ElasticSearch is a big plus
- Competitive salary and 25 days of holiday per year pro rata.
- Personal development – Conferences and workshops, huddles and hackathons. We like learning. Conferences and workshops, huddles and hackathons. We like learning.
- 25 days holiday – Plus UK public holidays. Use them up.
- First-rate perk days – Last time we went go-karting, other trips have included the zoo and a boat trip.
- A balance – wellbeing’s not just for Christmas; we always maintain a healthy balance of work, play and recharge time.