Main Target Summary:
Take responsibility for the full mechanical design of assembly lines, starting from a given tool requirement.
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities:
- Investigate all inputs and feasibility of product and process.
- Develop different concepts according quotation, tool requirement, TEOA etc
- Do concept reviews to define the right concept
- Develop stations according input and design rules (3D Creo)
- Knowledge of manufacturing technologies (material choice, hardening, grinding…)
- Design the stations and complete line in 3D Creo.
- Make detail drawings in 3D Creo.
- Make “Technical Construction File” : Risic analysis, safety, manual…
- Make “movement plans” (input for programmers and mechanicians)
- Work with external suppliers (Wittman, Aumann, grimm,…) in order to integrate these components correctly in the line from automation point of view : write tool requirements (in cooperation with the line engineer in case of processes).
- Do design reviews with the coaches, but also towards external companies.
- Define floor layouts + needed public utilities (water, air, electricity,..) as input for the Line engineer.
- Bachelor or Master of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and comparative
- 3 years engineering automotive, preferably in mechanical design of electronic or electromechanical components
- Good mechanical skills. 3 D in sight.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing technologies
- Knowledge automotive standards (APQP, TS16949)
- Strong ability for teamwork
- Strong engagement, flexibility and resilience
- good knowledge of Creo, packages to do simulations (strength calculations,..)
- Strong in communication
- English at business level