Our Global Delivery Centre in Lisbon, Portugal is looking for a Technical Consultant for the developing team. Who will maintain, develop and deliver customizations to best satisfy the Unit4 Student Management customers’ needs worldwide. If you care deeply about the customers and the quality of the code that you write providing comprehensive unit tests that ensure continuous quality development. You are a strong team-player and enjoy a challenge. Join our Centre and apply now!
What will you do
- You will Design, implement and maintain interfaces and/or wordpress customizations within all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for our Unit4 Student Management system;
- You will identify opportunities for code refactoring and apply them whenever possible;
- You will work in a close-knit team and contribute to the sizing of proposed software developments.
- You will contribute to the design of the customizations, during estimations and planning.
- You will provide daily feedback on the development progressing, raising any impediments.
- You will follow all bespoke factory best practices and methodology.
- Together with the Developer Team Leader and project owners, you will take decisions on code related activities and act as an advisory.
- You will work remotely from Lisbon and on-site worldwide.
- You will serve as a mentor to less experienced developers.
As a developer team member, you are passionate about high quality software solutions and motivated to help customers with the best fitted business solution. You contribute with your creativity and new ideas to the Unit4 Student Management System interfaces and WordPress customization developments and come up with new possibilities and improvements. Due to your problem solver mindset, you always help the team to determine the risks associated with an implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of C# and strong understanding of OO development, patterns and practices.
- Excellent knowledge and experience within all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs;
- The ability to analyze problems and implement solutions for debugging; and willing to share your ideas to improve design´s decisions.
- Analytical thinking, good decision making skills.
- Ability to identify problems, contribute to problem resolution and work toward shared responsibility in the solution.
- Good at interacting in English with your colleagues, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Ability to meet short and long-term deadlines.
- A working understanding of Agile software development practices eg. Scrum, KanBan, XP.
- TFS administration and maintenance is a plus.
- Availability to travel and work on-site next to customers worldwide.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- +5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Enthusiastic colleagues who are eager to learn from each other.
- A flexible and solution-oriented work place where you work hard and are valued for your input.
- A mature and productive development process, where everyone works at a sustainable pace.
- A close working relationship with our stakeholders and support desks.
- An international working environment.
- A place to work and have fun.
- Other working benefits.