We are the directors behind the scenes while our hosts retain their starring role, getting to experience the wonder of sharing their home without the hassle of folding towels and handing out keys. We’re well on our way to world domination (or at least becoming the preferred hospitality management service for homestays worldwide). And we’re looking for a Jr. Business Development Manager to look after our newest market, Lisbon. Allow us to explain more…
We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
We are an excited bunch because we recently closed our Series B funding, making us the most funded Airbnb Management Service in Europe!
Hostmaker’s mission is to bring traditional hospitality values to homes. We solve the complex logistical operations of coordinating housekeepers, fresh linen and key exchange while our Hosts retain their starring role. We support over 1000 hosts across London, Paris, Barcelona, Rome and Lisbon and enjoy a warm relationship with the Airbnb team in London and San Francisco.
Hostmaker re-imagines the streets of a city like the corridors of a hotel -we believe every home can be on Airbnb, every host can be a super host.
What can you expect?
Reporting to the Senior Business Development Manager of Iberia, you will be the very first salesperson on our Lisbon team.
- Ensure the growth and success of a varied portfolio of Hostmaker properties by building awareness of Hostmaker by cold and warm calling new clients.
- Achieve a deep understanding of Hostmaker’s value proposition in addition to demonstrating the platform’s benefits and capabilities to win new business and build a strong brand in Lisbon.
- Performing lead generation to identify future hosts, convert our inbound leads, understanding the ins and outs of our service, keeping the responsiveness at impressively high levels.
- Partner with Hostmaker’s marketing and yield management team to align on client needs, use cases and success stories.
- Identify and onboard new channel partners and booking sites.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date inventory of Hostmaker properties on partners booking site.
- Actively manage partner relationships and take responsibility for the revenue delivered from each partner site.
- And given your admirable efforts above, drive outstanding rates of renewal, expansion and advocacy in Hostmaker’s client base (i.e. sell, sell, sell!).
Who Are You?
- You are passionate about property management, the sharing economy and/or Airbnb.
- You come from a strong academic background ( a 2:1 or higher from a top tier university).
- You have experience in actively interacting and growing a portfolio of accounts – – this role is not a passive management of accounts (real estate sales is a plus).
- You are incredibly organised: efficiency is key.
- You are eager to work in a business that puts customer first and you are ready and willing to provide creative and thoughtful solutions to our customer’s questions or problems.
- You bring problem solving skills with doses of common sense, cheerfulness and stamina to the table.
- Your grammar is flawless and emails are articulate.
- You bring 2+ years of sales or business development experience.
- Competitive salary
- A fast-growing startup full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
- A supportive investor group that believes in our vision
- Discounted Airbnb travel
- Discounts at Hostmaker homes (we’re now in London, Rome, Paris, Barcelona and Lisbon! More cities opening next year)
- Local travel, phone and phone contracts are included