Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company’s greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, while also cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 60,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We are looking for Team Lead – Software Engineers to provide technical and architectural leadership for our newly forming International Engineering Team. You will conceptualize, design, build and deploy to the field new and innovative products for our restaurant and diner partners, enabling self-management and onboarding of all existing and future partners. Our Lead Engineers wear a lot of hats – everything from hands-on coding to managing the team to working with our Product group to guiding our system architecture. We have high standards for code quality, unit testing and intelligent architecture.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Architect, implement and test technology solutions at GrubHub
- Motivate and advise technical solutions across multiple cross functional teams
- Take technical responsibility for a family of systems – manage technical debt, be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement, and work with system engineers to keep our production systems scaling and performing wickedly fast
- Actively contribute to the adoption of software architecture, best practices, and technologies. We are always improving the process of building software, we need you to help contribute
- Own your team’s sprints, ceremonies, and deliverables committed to each sprint.
- Participate in future product direction
- Act as technical voice for the restaurant technology group
- Encourage continuous delivery and an experimentation-centered development process
You Should Have:
- Masterful understanding of Java (5+ years experience)
- Masterful understanding of unit testing, version control, and front end integration
- Must have experience working remote for the majority of a week
- Demonstrable skills in leadership and team building (2+ years)
- Must be genuinely awesome
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections