With a broad experience in Data Management and BI solutions, also with a commercial vocation and ease of communication, he will be responsible to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction, and he will also provide technical assistance for software pre-sales activities utilizing knowledge of industry or industry segment processes and challenges.
He will collaborate with account team to identify opportunities, articulate business and technical value, will prepare and present software demonstrations.
- Builds customer networks, especially with C-levels and senior executives;
- Builds trusted relationships with sales teams and client accounts, such that they can leverage their domain and/or business/industry expertise to increase the company’s credibility and communicate the company value proposition primarily in sales situations that advance the sales of software. Ensures that proper expectations are set to ensure customer satisfaction. This may involve the delivery of compelling software demonstrations as appropriate to the sales situation.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings. Understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides strategic leadership for sales opportunities.
- Clearly articulates the breadth and value of software and the company in assigned domain or business/industry area. Clearly states how the company differentiates from the competition, to empower sales/pre-sales to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS, and/or to 3rd parties such as analysts or the press.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s or business case requests utilizing the RFP Repository and/or crafting thorough and compelling answers and proposals that effectively differentiate the company from our competitors.
- Works with product marketing, product management, sales and R&D groups to validate market driven sales approaches to support strategic initiatives and ensure customer and market direction input is reflected in ongoing releases.
- Contributes to the design and production of sales, pre-sales and marketing materials.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic presentations outlining the proposed software functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits.
- Delivers technical information, leads technical discovery sessions, and responds to architecture and infrastructure questions when necessary.
- Maintains and develops relevant knowledge levels of technical and industry trends in order to identify impacts and opportunities created by these trends.
- Supports partner development & enablement, as well as partnered sales opportunities.
- Conducts discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document technical and business requirements during the sales cycle.
- Provides demonstration and business development support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
- Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives of customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional leadership for sales opportunities.
- Participates in product, solution and/or technical training to acquire and maintain detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Works pro-actively with the extended account team of Industry Consultants, Solution Architects and Technical Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Utilizes current SAS strategic selling techniques with account executives to strategize on prospects and develop strategic sales objectives.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Information Management; Computer Science or a similar Degree;
- At least fifteen years of experience in technical sales, marketing, technical support, information systems, or related area of expertise, including five years of programming in a high-level language or developing SAS applications;
- Good knowledge of Data Management and BI solutions;
- Good Team player;
- Customer and Results focus;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Availability to travel
If you have, ambition, determination to succeed and the skills, experience and aptitude to help drive SAS forward, we want to hear from you.