We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Export and Shipping Clerk reports directly to the Export Team Leader and has a dotted line to the Warehouse Team Leader.
The Export and Shipping Clerk has primary responsibility for:
- Support the Export and Warehouse Team Leader in all activities related with all orders for clients.
- According to the identification of orders entered, examine and report “Interface” supported by the information obtained from the planning of production, ensuring that this information is then sent to CS for the orders to be adjusted (dates, resources, Incoterms, modes of transport, etc.).
- Identify the appropriate carrier and make the transportation reservation, considering the characteristics of each order (destination, quantity, lead time and transport specific thermo characteristics and ADR conditions). When necessary performs negotiations, under the supervision of the Export and Warehouse Team Leader, with the various transport service providers, in order to get the best rate.
- Conference and acceptance of transport invoices, orders and other costs pertaining to the export and import activity.
- Handle external transport service complaints.
- Run the daily reports: Open orders / Day situation / Interface
- Customer care (complaints) – Managing the sales force platform of the customers claims, regarding to the logistics department, according to the supervisor indications.
- To exports to third countries (Africa countries and others), prepare all administrative and documentary tasks required and to ensure the maintenance file of transport and export processes.
- When necessary perform manual invoice process for orders shipped (Export)
- Ensure that there is no impediment at closing of each period (monthly and HBF).
- Collaborate with management noncompliance with the Integrated Management System, respecting the principles defined in Internal Policies of HB Fuller and all procedures and established Working instructions.
- Understand and stay current on government regulations and internal policies.
- Check reports related to all orders, reserve, and print and send all the documents related to shipping process (pick-lists, delivery notes, orders confirmation and CMR).
- Ensure shipping according with FIFO.
- Carry out the daily archive of all shipping documents.
- Carry out any other duties which may be requested from the Warehouse Team Leader.
- Follow, without exception all work instructions and safety rules in all activities performed.
- High school degree
- Previous experience in a similar environment and position.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Passing the health check tests
- Experience with PC skills in Windows environment required
- Experience with product handling equipment driving
- 5 years’ experience in similar position.