As a PS Network Engineer inside the Engineering department, one will act as an expert on the conception and deployment of PS/EPC Core, as well as related services and platforms. Knowledge of the 3GPP EPS and PCC Architectures are indispensable.
As basic skills for the position PS Network Engineer should have a very good understanding around the protocols used, message flows and NEs in the mobile packet core, as well as very good IP knowledge.
The PS Network Engineer responsibilities includes managing the PS/EPC Core, and other related platforms, lifecycle and roadmap. Based on technical and product specifications the PS Network Engineer must, design the most adequate solution creating for the purpose proper documentation High Level Designs, Low Level Designs and Work Order’s, the PS Network Engineer will be also responsible for testing the solution and the final implementation on live environment. The PS Network Engineer is responsible for the dimensioning, capacity management and actively control the performance and quality KPI’s to ensure that the network is able to operate adequately.
- Collaboration with other Networks teams in defining and managing the projects for delivery of new solutions.
- Project delivery. Network design. Integration and migration strategy definition. Collaboration with other relevant departments. Responsible for end-to-end delivery.
- Design of new consumer and corporate telecom solutions.
- Creation of technical documentation (HLD’s, LLD’s, WO’s, etc.)
- Perform implementations in live environment. Understanding of End to End system testing requirements.
- Follow-up and define Quality and Performance indicators
- Capacity and Performance Analysis, Reporting and Improvement Solution Definition
- Service & Resource configuration definition and implementation on requested systems
- Work on complex solutions that have an effect on the design of current products and addresses design issues for future products or technologies.
- Close relationship with external partners like carriers, service providers
- Elaborate, and manage the process, for change requests to current partners in order to meet the network necessities
- Control the network elements roadmap, being responsible for the necessary software/hardware upgrade during the elements lifecycle.
Skills and Experience required
- Strong English written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of wireless mobility and Mobile Core (PS and EPC) architecture. Network topology, interfaces and flows. Telecom networks technology evolution trends. Knowledge and experience of LTE.
- Experience with IP, NAT, MPLS, OSPF and BGP. Experience with IP Network Design and IP Network security.
- Experience with corporate VPN solutions, such as IPsec, L2TP, GRE, and MPLS VPNs.
- Experience in service design. Experience with EPS and PCC architectures, and the effective use of Deep Packet Inspection in service control. Knowledge of PCRF/SPR and PCEF. Knowledge of the interfaces and protocols: Rx, Gx, Sp, Radius, Diameter, DNS.
- Experience in mobile services charging (offline, online). Knowledge and experience of OCS and Gy, Sy, Ga and Bp interfaces.
- Knowledge and experience with Diameter/SCTP networks and protocol.
- Knowledge and experience with EPS QoS architecture.
- Knowledge and experience with GRX and IPX networks and architecture.
- Experience in dedicated service solutions, data only, applicable to enterprise/corporate environments. Knowledge in M2M/IoT solutions and services.
- Experience of Core Networks design and capacity management.
- Understanding about IMS architecture. Knowledge about SIP, VoIP, VoLTE, VoWifi, and QoS.
- Experience with ETSI NFV architecture and solutions.
- High Level Designs and Low Level Designs.
- Familiar with MVNO/MVNE/MVNA/LBO architecture(s) and landscape.
- Solution design of core Network Elements including PCRF, PCEF, PDN-GW/GGSN, DNS, RADIUS, ePDG, and DPI.
- Work in multi-cultural and multi-language environment.
- +4 years working on telecoms, in a design role.
- +2 years on implementation of live solutions.
- The candidate should have a degree in Telecom Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Truphone employees use the latest software, hardware (and gadgets) available to deliver the best possible service for their users and offer a pleasant and friendly working environment in attractive offices. Excellent salary plus bonus and other benefits.
Please email your CV/Resume to us.
No agencies please. We work very closely with only agreed suppliers and will not accept any CVs from any 3rd parties.