The Revenue Management Supervisor will take an active role in managing rooms inventory and in ensuring that inventory is allocated and restricted properly to maximize revenue and profits for all properties in the Resort. The Revenue Management Supervisor will be responsible for building rates and packages in the hotels’ inventory systems as well as determining pricing and positioning recommendations. He/She will work alongside the Revenue Director and Manager to conduct analysis of revenue, profit and demand associated with all revenue streams, and critique sales strategy effectiveness in addition to preparing historical and future analysis of revenue and profit opportunities.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Executing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
- Actively involved in room authorizations, rates and restrictions and managing room inventory to maximize cluster rooms revenue.
- Releases group rooms back into general inventory and ensures clean booking windows for customers
- Monitors transient and group inventory daily to ensure straight-line availability and maximization of revenue potential.
- Full responsibility for maintaining and auditing rate plans for all properties
- Prepares sales strategy critique and determines selling strategies in collaboration with RM and DORM
- Implements hotel sales strategies effectively in the reservation system and the inventory system.
- Pro-actively identifies Soft Spot periods and prepares a Soft Spot Revenue Management Plan, in cooperation with DORM, Sales and Marketing
- Uses property diagnostic processes to maximize revenue and profits.
- Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
- Ensures all channels are returning appropriate availability and pricing for the maximum booking window
- Ensures compliance and participation in company promotions, policies and procedures
- Ensures hotels follow brand strategies that will maintain and/or increase the hotels revenue per available room.
- Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
- Conducts sales strategy analysis and assists in refining as appropriate to increase market share for all properties.
- Maintains accurate reservation system information.
- Analyses period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
- Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
- Prepares revenue and profit opportunity analysis.
- Develops and uses analytical tools and systems to maximize revenues and profit.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Financial and analytical acumen.
- Negotiations skills.
- Effective communications skills.
- Ownership approach is a must
- Time management skills.
- Be flexible.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics and loyalty.
- Organizational skills.
- Education and Experience
- A degree in a relevant business discipline is preferred.
- At least 1 year of work experience within Revenue Management. Additional Hotel experience an asset
- Able to handle a multi-property environment
- Hotel business previous experience