An opportunity exists for a proven Infrastructure Consultant to join our Cloud Solutions practice which provides Functional, Technical, DBA and Infrastructure remote and on-site support to the global client base of Hitachi Consulting.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to provide enterprise grade fault diagnostics and support and a passion and proficiency for creating and implementing advanced automation and deployments across a Microsoft infrastructure estate.
The successful candidate will also have experience with the evaluation, design and upgrading of several technologies used to create, manage, update, monitor and report on Windows configurations. As such the role requires a technically strong Engineer who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in troubleshooting and deploying Infrastructure solutions. The role requires both a broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to identify areas of automation to streamline future deployments.
- Engaging in the delivery of support services;
- Monitoring, managing and resolving support incidents in conjunction with the central Managed Services Helpdesk;
- Involvement in the development of new IT solutions and the maintenance of support documentation;
- Providing technical support, consultancy and administration across a range of technologies, principally Microsoft Windows, Networking, Storage and virtualization services;
- Hardware and Software installations;
- Scripting and automation with ability to create maintenance scripts;
- Working closely with implementation consultants, offshore Managed Services consultants and client staff to scope and deliver projects.
Critical Skills Include:
- 2 years minimum Automation and Deployment experience;
- 2 years minimum Experience working with scripting languages;
- Proven experience of translating Project build activities into an automated deployment;
- Deep understanding of scripting languages with an ability to write custom scripts to perform system deployment across various technologies;
- Numerous demonstrated automated system and application deployments;
- Experience working with the full Microsoft Infrastructure stack. (Server OS, Active Directory, Group Policy, Hyper-v etc);
- ITIL v3 Foundation or above certification preferred.
The ideal candidate
The Ideal candidate would have:
- Extensive experience with JSON and Visual Studio scripting/deployments.
- Extensive experience creating own PowerShell scripts
- Extensive experience in automating deployments
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent working knowledge with some of the following deployment tools:
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- AWS CodeDeploy
- Microsoft System Centre (SCCM, Orchestrator)
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent working knowledge of some of the following scripting tools and languages:
- Windows Powershell (Preferred)
- JSON (Preferred)
- Unix Shell scripts (bash, sh, csh, ksh and others)
- Experience in supporting mission critical 24×7 operations
- Experience of ITIL including proactive Problem management and root cause analysis;
- An understanding of IT security standards and associated design considerations
- An understanding of documentation standards and good presentation skills
- The ability to take ownership for assigned tasks on projects, reporting on personal progress
- Ability to communicate with the team and clients across multiple geographies (India, UK, Iberia and US)
- A willingness to work unsociable hours as demanded from time to time by the role
Experience and Education:
- 3+ years of broad-based IT experience with technical knowledge of network, environmental, hardware, storage, operating systems and applications.
- 3+ years of customer-service experience (service-industry or non-technical field acceptable) Preferred.
- Active Microsoft certifications [2012, 2016 – MCSA/ MCSE or MCSD]
- While the majority of the support will be delivered from the Lisbon office of Hitachi Consulting candidates must be prepared to travel internationally if required.
- Hitachi Consulting offers excellent benefits and career growth to all employees and is an equal opportunity employer.