Uniplaces is building a trusted, global brand for students. We believe in empowering student mobility and we have started by making the process of finding accommodation easier. We’re solving real life pains and we’re backed by top tier investors such as Atomico, Octopus Investments, Shilling Capital Partners and Caixa Capital to help us achieve this better and faster.
We are an internationally minded company with an extremely talented team and global ambitions. Our decisions are driven by our core values of Passion, Impact, Trust and Team Spirit – with which we aim at having a company where everyone feels accountable and empowered to achieve their full potential.
About the Tech Team:
We’re a technology based startup and we depend on our online platform to provide the best possible service to students and landlords. This is where the tech team comes in and why it is core to Uniplaces. The team works very tightly with Product and Product Design and operational product roadmap decisions are taken with everyone’s input – whether you’re playing with code, data, scripts or infrastructure you’ll collaborate with the wider team.
In this role, your mission is to:
- Design and implement architectures and systems related to the building, release, deployment and configuration of applications and cloud infrastructure;
- Maintain servers and services while improving the current deployment and release flow to ensure sustainable scalability;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices;
- Support the wider product, engineering and data team in scaling and optimizing their work – be an evangelist for all things tech and best practice.
Your track record:
- 3+ years experience with CentOS/Ubuntu and Amazon Web Services;
- Proficient with Python, Bash and shell scripting;
- Experience with SCMs – Ansible or Terraform preferable;
- Experienced in high-performance web and container architectures and technologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills coupled with resilience – you don’t let go until you crack the issue;
- Fast learner and eager to learn – more is more when it comes to knowledge;
- Flexible with tools and methodologies – you will have preferences but are generally agnostic when it comes to technology as you believe all comes down to what serves best the team’s objective.
This is why you’ll love this role:
- We’re building a best practice culture and obsess about reducing technical debt. We often use the hashtag #wearealldevops;
- We’re keen in testing and trying new things, so if you’re ok to experiment new stacks and methodologies this role is a great playground;
- You’ll have a seat at the table for decisions when it comes to infrastructure and development process – you will see a whole tech team thrive in a more efficient environment of which you will be a key influencer;
- A company culture that is people-driven and that focuses on personal development and training to help you tap your talent into its full extent;
- Access to a pool of talent that is hard to find. Your stakeholders and peers will come from world class backgrounds and will have stepped up within Uniplaces. You’ll find mentors and role models;
- Working in Lisbon, one of the coolest up and coming start-up hubs in Europe, where the sun always shines and the seafood is delicious.
What else do you need to know?
- The role is based in Lisbon;
- You will report to the Lead DevOps Engineer;
- You will start on a 12 month fixed term contract;
- For this position, we do not sponsor working visas, but we offer a relocation package in case you are not in Portugal.