Sensei is looking for a highly-qualified Computer Vision Engineer to help in the continued expansion of our technology areas of interest that include high-level vision (image/video understanding, recognition, detection, tracking) and AI systems. We’re looking for an intelligent, enthusiastic engineer, ideally with a strong focus on AI and Deep Learning that will integrate our computer vision team to solve hard and exciting problems ushering in the next era of real world analytics.
Sensei is an AI-powered real-time video recognition solution for retail enabling accurate in-store traffic flow analysis, sales performance, and optimized operations. Sensei is part of the Metro Accelerator powered by TechStars.
By joining Sensei team, you will be contributing to building state of the art computer vision and machine learning solutions for real-world problems with far-reaching impact, in the areas of elements tracking, object-based change detection, feature detection, pose analysis, and motion pattern learning among others.
- Create and improve world-class computer vision algorithms;
- Perform research, development and implementation of algorithms for image processing and computer vision to capture data from the real world;
- Work on incredibly hard problems in computer vision that are of value in the real world;
- Lead the research and prototyping techniques and algorithms for object tracking, detection and recognition;
- Develop computer vision and machine learning algorithms and applications;
- Work alongside the engineering team to ensure that quality of software developed meets or exceeds expectations;
- Coach the engineering team and ensure that technical knowledge is appropriately disseminated.
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Applied
- Mathematics or related field or equivalent professional experience;
- Demonstrated scientific excellence as evidenced by publications and presentations;
- Solid knowledge in machine learning, Bayesian filtering, Information Theory, and Deep Learning;
- Expertise in computer vision sub-disciplines such as: image analysis (object recognition and feature detection), 3D computer vision (acquisition / 3D sensing, computational imaging, segmentation, registration), machine learning (feature extraction, classification, clustering), embedded and real-time computer vision, video understanding (action recognition, scene summarization), analysis and reduction of high-dimensional data;
- Experience with OpenCV;
- Object-oriented design and implementation;
- Experience analyzing and improving software performance;
- Good software documentation and testing practice;
- Experience in dealing with real world data in one or more of the following areas: computer vision, machine learning, data science, probabilistic inference, and/or computational statistics;
- Programming languages: MATLAB, C, C++, Python (programming and debugging), Java or C# is a plus.
- Moving to Lisbon and benefiting from the wonderful weather and food;
- Opportunity for growth in a hot, venture backed startup;
- The rare chance to tap into an untapped market;
- Competitive compensation package;
- A fun working atmosphere and ambitious project.
Get the conversation started by submitting an application now! Interested applicants may submit their CV and cover letter. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.