Assist with the planning, ordering or production of food items pertaining to the respective section(s) of the food and beverage outlet or kitchen. Prepare meals in accordance with portion and quality standards.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent, plus two years of experience as a cook, or equivalent combination of education and food preparation experience. Degree or certificate in culinary arts preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with other culinary staff, wait staff, and guests.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when giving and receiving instructions and preparing recipes
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.