Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Technical support engineer is providing a remote Level-2 worldwide customer technical support for solutions Packet Core solution 2G/2G/LTE. Through investigation, finding a root cause and problem resolution the goal is to reach customer satisfaction.
This requires strong communication and technical skills, an engineer with troubleshoot background accompanied with thorough understanding of IP technology.
Main Responsibility Area:
Plans and executes technical tasks requiring specialist skills in own professional area. Works independently with the responsibility for solving customer request cases and reporting according to processes. Identifies and solves technical problems. Shares knowledge in own professional area.
Main responsibility is case solving work and knowledge re-use management and working close with RBC and TEC organizations.
Technical Support Engineer Role:
- Provide Technical Support for IP Routing product portfolio. IP routers and/or Packet
- ePC products (2G/3G and LTE packet core nodes)
- Investigate, analyze and drive problems reported by customer to a closure.
- Perform Technical Support covering 24×7 network outage restorations.
- Travel and work on-site if needed.
- Interface with customer’s technical personnel ensuring smooth information flow about reported problems and their resolution status.
- Maintain and improve interfaces with technical personnel from other multi-regional groups and organizations involved with Technical Support (e.g. Customer Advocates, Welcome Center, Logistics, L3 support, Product Houses).
Knowledge Developer role:
- Actively contributes and shares knowledge and is a recognized contributor in his/her specialty area.
- Approves solutions for internal publishing.
Carries out remote support activities:
- On-line SW Change Service, RAS usage, Preventive Care, Health checks (RHC),Expert Support, security alert & update where appropriate, periodical security assessment.
Field activities (on request):
- Installation and/or commissioning and/or integration activities.
- Network expansion activities.
- SW maintenance activities such as SW change planning, On-line SW Change Service
- Launch, trials and pilot projects support
- Preferable experience with equipment:
- 7750SR MG (GGSN, SGW, PGW, ePDG)
- 5620 SAM
- 7500 SGSN
- 9471 WMM
- VMG / CMG (GGSN, SGW, PGW, ePDG)
- VMM / CMM (MME, SGSN)
- System interfaces & protocols (Gb, Iu, S6, S11, Gi, Gn, etc)
- Trace & log file analysis tools (tcp dump, wireshark, etc)
- Installation & commissioning
- Master degree in telecommunication or information technology
- Ready to travel worldwide, good English (spoken and written).
- Preferably Portuguese and Spanish (spoken and written).
- Ability to learn effectively and quickly
- Flexible, with positive and creative attitude to change
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Stress tolerance
- Intercultural experience.
- Good communication skills.