Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Job Profile in Metro/Railways projects
The following Job Profiles are based on the fact that candidates have had significant experiences on the delivery of integrated projects for Metro and Railways and know:
- Delivery process and documentation to be provided
- Standards and recommendations applied to Metro and Railways projects
In addition, they have had experience on integration projects involving third parties and know, each for the part of the competence, the suppliers currently used in the projects provided, under delivery or indicated in the latest offers.
- Knowledge of standards (eg. EMI-EMC) that apply to the project
- knowledge of the network and its users,
- Management of V & V procedures,
- RAMS /CIL analysis
- Designing according to SIL standards
- Knowledge of third-party suppliers,
- Integration of sub-systems both on land and on board
- Define the requirements of a management center
- Structure for the long-term contract management (project, Hand over, warranty and maintenance)
The management of the delivery process for a Metro / railway end to end project requires:
- Organizational structure capable of managing the compliance process both in contractual terms, economic and technical.
- Schedule of activities
- Tools / procedures to support the various phases useful to have a clear picture to drive the project.
- Control of SoW, the delays and additional activities
- Material management both in the acquisition phase and in the warehouse stage (eg. Take in care the obsolescence and warranty period).
- Preparation for data exchange tools / documents with the customer with relevant approval procedures.
Subsystems for Metro Railways projects
- Design and delivery, including testing, and installation design and supervision, of integrated communications systems for metros and mainline railways, involving creating and tailoring optimised integrated communications solutions that take full account of the safety, environmental and other standards and operational practices in the railway and metro domain, covering some or all of the following subsystems:
- Enterprise networks (IP, SDH, etc.)
- Telecommunications network systems
- Optical networks
- IP networks / Multi-services networks
- Radio systems
- Wi-Fi trackside networks
- CCTV including video wall, and Field of View analysis
- Video, including recording
- ECP (Emergency Call)
- Administrative telephony
- PIS/PIDS (LED & LCD)
- PAGA, including acoustic studies
- ACS/IDS (Access control and intrusion detection)
- Integrated operational control and communication systems
- On-board systems
- Clock systems / Passive elements (eg OCN)
Each domain architect for its subsystem have to:
- Development of an customer deployable detailed design that meets specified deployment constraints and is in agreement with the Architecture and High Level Design.
- Meets specific product set or technology domain specifications; is implementable; meets cost, time to market and quality constraint.
- Ensuring that the Solution under development can be cost effectively supported and maintained once it is deployed.
Strategic Industry Third Party Sub-systems and Nokia Product Line Sub-Systems:
- Development of an Architecture,
- Design and interface management in a specific 3rd party sub-system for the Strategic Industry Customer project.
- Design and interface management in one of the Nokia product lines; IP Routing, IP Platforms, Wireless, Fixed Networks.
- Fits into specifications/requirements and meets cost.