Our world-class Technology team is at the core of what we do- they both help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionizing the industry. Split across 3 main offices- London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints, Web, Mobile and Instore. The teams are committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.
We are looking for a front-end architect who is motivated to help to design scalable and sustainable systems using top-notch front-end technology. You’ll be working in a friendly and relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, talented and growing team. If you love to learn, if you are willing to share your knowledge and love to be part of the building process to reach the top and using the latest technology stack while having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
What you will do:
- Work as a front-end Architecture, designing and help to improve our current web solution;
- Help to build a global solution to all our web applications;
- Help development teams deliver the vision of the architecture team;
- Build a global architecture vision;
- Engage with engineers in order to assure a correct implementation of our front-end architecture;
- Help the architecture team disseminate consistency and front-end best practices to all the engineering team;
- Up-skill other engineering team members in front end development topics and acting as a reference for front-end standard methodologies within the team;
- Help to build a scalable and sustainable system through all our products;
- Contribute to the update and progression of our documentation and guidelines.
Who you are:
- 5-8 years experience on front-end technologies:
- Experience in component-based architectures:
- Proficient with NPM and Node;
- Knowledge of ES2015;
- Proficient in React design patterns;
- Knowledge in unit testing;
- Knowledge of semantic markup and accessibility;
- Knowledge in CSS standard methodologies and methodologies;
- Working knowledge of GIT and Scrum/Agile methodologies;
- Real passion for solving large-scale engineering challenges;
- Eagerness to learn and share knowledge.