DPDHL Global Business Services (GBS) provides customised Insurance & Risk Management (IRM) solutions, renowned for managing the risk of the Company in a manner which: is prudent; is robust operationally; is aligned with the Board’s risk appetite; supports the company’s development initiatives and is consistent with its regulatory status and responsibilities.
Within IRM our values define who we are and the way we do business. We know that our strength and capability come from our people, their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. Renowned for a different way of working GBS IRM ensures DPDHL business is delivered a “best-in-class” claims handling service, providing an expert global claims handling service provision for DPDHL Business, and supporting the significant growth forecast, whilst proactively pursuing economic, early resolution for customer claims. As our service offering continue to expand across the globe, a newly created opportunity has arisen for an experienced Claims Handler, to work in an elite team of claims management experts based out of Madrid or Lisbon. Renowned for a different way of working GBS IRM ensures DPDHL business is delivered “best-in-class” global claims handling service, providing and supporting significant growth forecast, whilst proactively pursuing economic, early resolution for customer claims.To strengthen our claims Iberia team, we are looking to hire three Claims Specialists in Madrid, Spain or Lisbon, Portugal.
- Adopt the DPDHL culture of professionalism, integrity, effectiveness and dynamic attitude contributing to an internal environment of collaborative teamwork and promote a positive IRM claims service provision to internal customers.
- Serve as a key active member of IRM’s mainland claims handling team, interacting and working with team members to ensure business objectives are aligned and IRM claims management is performing to operational objectives.
- Proactively pursue economic, early resolution for all customer claims, adopting a collaborative approach to addressing a wide variety of claims administration requirements, providing workable solutions to senior management.
- Ensure claims are handled swiftly and efficiently by reviewing and deciding on the extent and validity of a claim, checking for any potential fraudulent activity.
- Manage high volume freight, marine cargo claims and underwriting control standards and protocols.
- Provide advice on making a claim and the process to customer services, including collection accurate information and documentation to proceed with a claim.
- Provide customer claims reporting and data analysis on claims activities and resolutions.
- Collaboratively work with a network of approved in-house professionals and monitoring the progress of a claim.
- Identify reasons why full payment may not be made, and ensure fair settlement of a valid claim.
- Build relationships with loss adjusters, legal, as well as other legal/claims professionals.
- Ensure customer claims are treated fairly and receive excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines.
- Handling complaints in a professional manner associated with a claim.
- Adhere to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by GBS IRM.
- Navigate, network and establish cross boarder relationships to leverage best practices and execute program-wide claims strategies through internal claims management communities.
- Build co-operative relationships between GBS IRM team and stakeholders within the claims process.
- Manage claims information exchange between business units and GBS IRM, including suppliers and other key process stakeholders.
- Coordinate with GBS IRM central team for significant claims on content of coverage, precedent setting and commercially sensitive issues.
- Manage service quality & KPI monitoring in association with external parties (Insurers & third party claims administrators etc. within agreed authority and in conjunction with IRM London).
- 2 -5 years’ experience of operating an end-to-end claims handling process, dealing with freight & marine cargo claims
- Degree in either Insurance, Finance, Legal or other closely related field
- Possess strong knowledge of claims management challenges (small and large) within the supply chain / logistics industry
- Experience in end-to-end claims handling process improvement
- Data analysis for customers and key stakeholders within the business
- Experience of cross boarder collaboration, ideally within a matrix organisation
- Previously gained experience of working within an international environment
- Understands “shared services” methodology and previously operated within a matrix organisation, servicing multiple customers
- Fluent in both written and spoken English & Spanish or Portuguese
- Able to reside in Madrid, Spain or Lisbon, Portugal
We seek to attract and retain the best people. As a group we are heavily invested in talent management succession planning, offering defined career paths within job families. If you have a solid background within insurance marine cargo claims handling, including being able to reside in Madrid or Lisbon, we would like to hear from you.Please submit your CV with a cover letter by clicking “Apply”, outlining your interest and value-add you can bring to this new position.All candidates’ applications will be thoroughly reviewed, but not all candidates will necessarily be interviewed.If this sounds like the leadership opportunity you have been looking for, encompassed with embarking upon a career journey within one of the world leaders in industry, then we would like to hear from you.