BNP Paribas Securities Services (http://securities.bnpparibas.com/jahia/jahia/site/portal), a wholly owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by a strong universal bank. It provides integrated solutions to all participants in the investment cycle including the buy side, sell side, corporates and issuers.
The bank has a local presence in 34 countries across five continents, effecting global coverage of more than 100 markets. It partners with clients to help overcome complexity, while offering a one-stop-shop for all asset classes, both onshore and offshore, around the world.
Key figures as of 30 October 2014: EUR 7,172 billion assets under custody, EUR 1,158 billion assets under administration, 7,684 administered funds and 8,500 internal employees.
- The Securities Services Hub Compliance Officer (the “Compliance Officer”) is part of a team of five Compliance Officers responsible for providing direct Compliance support to BNP Paribas Securities Services (“BP2S”) group located in Europe and Americas. This is called the Twist project which is part of a wider Compliance initiative at BNP Paribas Group level.
- All business lines for BP2S are concerned.
- The main responsibility consists in the management of SHINE alerts. SHINE is the tool used to detect alerts on business flows linked to entities under embargo or sanctions and suspicious activities.
- SHINE provides real-time alerts which will require investigations by Operations team and Compliance Officers in order to analyze the alert, search causes of alerts, investigate through BP2S systems and other means of investigation, assess the risk and escalate according to existing procedures to the relevant Compliance level. As alerts are blocking the flows, SWIFT process and appropriate follow-up are required during the day.
- Appropriate reporting will be done on a regular basis.
- The position reports hierarchically to the Head of BP2S Lisbon Compliance. A functional reporting line to BP2S Financial Security: Corporate Compliance will be put in place. A good coordination and communication with local Compliance Officers in locations will need to be put in place.
- BA or BS required
- Between 4 to 6 years of experience in Operations and / or Compliance / Regulatory experience
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Extensive knowledge of BP2S systems and organization
- Autonomous, rigorous and good organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English (both oral and written communication); additional language skills (French, German, Italian, Spanish) would be a plus
- Excellent team spirit