Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is undertaking a large-scale service analytics and big data platform initiative called ‘Nokia AVA’ and serving thousands to tens of thousands of internal and external users. This platform will enable Nokia and its customers to build the next generation of services for telecommunications and beyond, including transport, connected health and broader IOT. You will be joining a very dynamic and growing team of talented individuals, setting up state-of-the-art solutions for outstanding customer experience.
To be the primary point of contact for Continuous Improvement (CI) and Process within the AVA Organisation and to ensure we have the best processes in place to develop and deliver our Programs and Projects with quality.
The CI & Process manager will define and lead all the process aspects of AVA. This will include being familiar with the Nokia and Global Services process strategy, policy and procedures, contributing to, and tailoring them as necessary to implement them appropriately for the AVA organisation. They will also be responsible for leading continuous improvement initiatives, working with other teams to ensure processes are optimised end-to-end. He/she will also be responsible for preparing the AVA organisation for TL9000 and other audits.
- Management of processes, procedures, policies and standards for the AVA organisation
- Process Standardization
- Process KPI definition, collection and reporting
- Customer Satisfaction KPI definition, collection and reporting
- Continuous Process Improvement initiatives
- Defining processes, policies and procedures and standards aligned with relevant Data Privacy and other regulatory requirements
- Adherence of processes to required standards (eg TL9000)
- Chairing of the Process Improvement Team
- Ensuring members of the AVA organisation are trained, up to date and compliant with the latest Nokia and Global Services process releases
- Identifying and collating opportunities for delivery process improvement
- Co-ordinating and supporting audits conducted by internal and external auditors and driving the resolution of any resulting actions
- Driving the adoption of best practices across the AVA organisation
- Tracking of customer satisfaction through close interaction with end users and facilitating root cause analysis to identify necessary actions
- Identifying training needs and organizing training plans to meet quality standards (if that is meant for Processes expertise it should be defined as such, otherwise overlap with Capability Manager & Quality Manager)
- Supporting ‘Lessons Learned’ identification, Escaped Defect Analysis and Continuous Improvement initiatives
Applicants must be able to demonstrate significant previous experience of:
- Leading and implementing process and CI using one or more recognised methodologies in a large distributed global software and/or services team with quantifiable results
- Developing and using process metrics to create business justification for investment
- Process capture and modelling experience using recognised standards and tools
- Using a variety of investigation and analysis techniques to identify process improvement opportunities
- Quality Management Systems and/or ISO 9001/TL 9000 standards
- Working in a customer delivery focused environment
- Stakeholder management with excellent written and verbal communications
- Innovative approaches to making process and CI a natural part of everyone’s everyday life
- Ability to interface and effectively influence at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree Level or equivalent experience
- Recognised valid Process methodology qualification (6Sigma Green/Black belt or similar)
- 5-7 years’ experience in telecoms or IT with a focus on end user delivery in services
- 5 years’ practical experience of Agile development processes and implementation with large scale globally dispersed matrixed teams.
- Experience preparing organisations for CMMI and/or TL9000 accreditation
- Relationship builder with strong critical thinking, team working and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Industry knowledge including products and services on Nokia’s core business as well as adjacent areas (e.g. Telco IT, applications, big data analytics)
- Business orientation and good understanding of Nokia organization and processes
- Previous experience in Automation, IT, Service Delivery or Business Development is a distinct advantage.
- Sound methodical skills with attention to detail and process requirements
- Ability to lead without formal power and line authority. Excellent presentation, networking and communication skills (especially in a multicultural environment).
- High energy, initiative, enthusiasm and persistence.