The Synopsys DesignWare Prototyping team in Porto, Portugal is part of a worldwide prototyping team responsible for the development of DW IP prototyping kits, Linux software drivers, application examples, hardware validation and compliance testing of the Synopsys DesignWare Interface IPs protocol controllers (USB, PCIe, DDR, HDMI, MIPI, Ethernet, SATA, etc…) products.
Synopsys is seeking creative, ambitious and talented software R&D Manager to coordinate the activities of the software R&D team for DesignWare Interface IPs. The environment presents stimulating, challenging and rewarding work within an excellent work environment with exciting career development opportunities.
- This hands-on manager is expected to contribute technically as well as lead engineers in their technical contributions. Other responsibilities include helping to define quality improvements and software processes and serve as a project leader contributing to specification development, effort estimation, schedule development, schedule tracking and reporting.
- The manager is expected to contribute in the hiring process, conduct performance reviews, set goals, and provide one-on-one coaching to achieve maximum contribution from the team.
- Work effectively in a geographically and culturally diverse project teams.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant degree in electronic engineering or software engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills, analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Prior management experience preferably in the Linux OS Drivers development and Linux Kernel submission.
- The candidate should be pro-active, flexible, precise, customer oriented and always working towards a solution
- Industry experience developing and maintaining C or C++ based drivers and applications on a Linux embedded systems environment (ARM-based or equivalent).
- Experience with quality and software development processes.
- Experience with revision control environment.
- Proficiency designing data structures, communication protocols, and software engineering principles
- Exposure to FPGA development flow
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, Perl and TCL scripting
- Capability to produce high quality technical documentation
- Willingness to learn new things
- Capability to work as part of a worldwide team with remote sites and promote excellent working relationships
- Knowledge of PCI Express/SATA/HDMI/MIPI/DDR or similar interfaces would be advantageous