You are working in our fascinating research & development department, contributing directly to the product development from scratch till the market-entry.
FARO is different:
FARO innovates and develops fascinating 3D measuring and documenting technology, which is widely used for many technologically advanced industries including the automotive, aerospace, architecture and engineering industries. We have also contributed to many innovative, exciting projects, such as F1, The Red Bull Sage project (extreme skydive), the restoration of archeological sites and many more.
Not everyone is fit for FARO and the challenging role – we are looking for: a natural problem solver with an empathetic mindset, who is looking for a challenging career within a dynamic workplace, where you can let your creativity shine and have the freedom to influence the solutions.
This position requires:
- Several years of experiences in 3D software programing (OpenGL; DirectX; etc.).
- Deep knowledge in mathematics, especially in linear algebra, algebraic curved surface and vector algebra.
- Deep knowledge in C#.
- Knowledge in Metrology, UX experience, WPF, and design patterns is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral English skills required.
- Passionate about programming, especially in object-oriented programming, and strong mindset about code performance.
- Familiar with design patterns.
- Self-motivated, and proactive.
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Receive project goals, determine what is required to accomplish these goals and the tools needed, estimate requirements, incl. time, effort, schedule, and skills. Ensure the resources are available.
- Design and develop algorithms, prototypes, and software packages within established specifications using, but not limited to, object-oriented design, languages, and third-party tools.
- Ensure all development efforts are integrated so that the code is readily readable and maintainable by other team members.
- Bug related software testing and code cleaning. Write unit tests to operate them at all elements of the program. Replicate problems, determine root causes and fix codes to eliminate recurrences of problems.