Fuze is looking for an experienced Devops engineer to help build and maintain our cloud infrastructure for our Backend as a Service platform. With billions of calls, messages and videos being processed each day, this system ensures consistent, real time data access for a number of critical applications, and powers up our client facing applications.
What You’ll Do
- Upgrade and keep our Docker deployment up to date with the newest Docker features
- Design, create and deliver a highly available, flexible, low latency and secure cloud infrastructure across data centers and availability zones.
- Develop and implement strategies to automate system installation, configuration, code deployment, and management
- Research, prototype and verify software solutions that overcome technical challenges for deployment and monitoring of large scale systems.
- Benchmark possible solutions and implement improvements to expand capacity
- Work closely with other engineers within your group and across the entire engineering organization on strategies for managing system failures and recovery, developing and managing data backup and replication strategies.
- Configure and tune systems, including firewalls, load balancers, hypervisors, OS, database, storage subsystems, networks, caching systems, etc.
- Architect and manage development/staging/production environments
- Provide recommendations to development team on how to improve security, availability, reliability and scalability
- Document designs and procedures in our wiki in a clear and concise manner
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor degree, college or equivalent work experience
- 3 years Linux Systems Administration experience
- Expert-level familiarity with Linux OS (Redhat variants and/or Ubuntu preferred)
- Intermediate-level familiarity with configuration management tools such as chef
- Advanced scripting experience required (e.g. bash, perl, python, ruby)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, network, system, hardware)
- The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has Excellent project and task management skills
- Previous experience using AWS
Bonus Points For Any Of These Assets
- Operational experience with lightweight containers and microservices (Docker)
- Experience with centralized configuration management tools, such as chef or ansible
- Experience with hosting java Web Apps
- Experience with HAproxy or nginx
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience building and supporting high performance / high availability platforms
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, splunk, Smokeping, MRTG)
- Previous experience with ITIL and agile methodologies