We’re looking for a UI Designer to help create the next generation of web and native app experiences for the Paddy Power and Betfair brands.
At Paddy Power Betfair, UI design is more than just snazzy concepts. It tells a story through the eyes of our customers and plays a vital role in making our products simple and usable.
As a UI Designer, you’ll be equally comfortable doing small design tweaks one day to changing gears and brainstorming ideas that solve customer problems and make us industry leaders. We love our customers, so expect to get involved in some research to ensure your designs are as intuitive as they can be.
We have a strong culture of being collaborative and slightly mischievous, so if you like to (over) share and don’t take yourself too seriously, then you’re someone we’d love to meet.
- Work with the team to design the interface, quickly iterating on multiple solutions as required
- Build strong working relationships with researchers, UX, developers & product managers to produce exciting and feasible digital experiences
- Work closely with research to test and integrate user insights into designs
- Maintain and build a culture of early feedback and sharing
- Analyse designs against personas and scenarios
- Produce and present high quality reports, presentations, and recommendations based on your work
- Balance designing for performance and speed with usability and simplicity
- Manage your work to deliver a quality product within project constraints
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ or more year’s industry experience.
- Passionate about understanding current and emerging UX/UI and mobile design trend
- Proficient in a suite of design tools – preferably a combination of Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop, InVision and/or Illustrator/AfterEffects
- Precise layout skills with an exceptional eye for detail
- Willingness to accept feedback early on
- Understand when to use and limit micro-animations and interactions
- Good understanding of touch devices and gestures involved with web and native apps
- Good understanding of the technical abilities and limitations of web and mobile technologies
- Proven ability to plan and prioritise their own work
- Great communication and facilitation skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of HTML, understanding how designs translate to code, and the ability to use prototyping tools to convey design intent.
- Experience with motion design or animation, or an interest in learning those skills
- Bachelors/Masters degree in a Visual Design/Multimedia, or evidence of a career working in a relevant UI Design field.
What you can expect
- We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
- We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning;
- Here success is contagious and we want to celebrate it with you!
- In the Porto city heart we value relationships and friendship, that´s why we have breakfast together!
- You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!
- You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.