Farfetch is an Innovative ecommerce company that brings independent fashion boutiques online and provides their range of unique products to fashion lovers globally.
Have you been searching for a great professional development opportunity, working within an international project? Then this could be the job for you!
This is an exciting time for Farfetch as we are experiencing a period of unprecedented growth. We are looking for an addition to our team in the form of an Engineering Manager.
To be part of Farfetch’s Engineering Team as an Engineering Manager, being responsible for leading and developing a multi-disciplinary team of engineers working towards a specific company goal.
- Act as coach and manager of a multidisciplinary team of engineers with different types of backgrounds (back end developers, UI developers, QA’s, Release Engineers, etc.)
- Build or coordinate the building of an overall Plan of the resource assignments and workload of different team members as their unit works on its different responsibilities (new projects, sustaining live initiatives, pilot new technologies, etc.)
- Set goals and development targets for the Engineers within managed team and supports the team with feedback and development plans as they progress
- Engage with the Product Structure (Product Owners) to receive information about Planned Roadmap, transform roadmap into an execution plan and continuously engaged with the Product structure to keep them appraised of the execution status
- Coordinate/Collaborate in the Coordination of the hiring, training and development plan creation and execution for engineers within managed team
- Assure the collaboration of managed team across different engineering teams/offices and adherence to the defined global engineering best practices and processes
Key skills and experience
- Degree in Information Systems or related field;
- Previous consolidated experiences in an Engineering Management, Projects Managements or Program Management function
- Proven solid technical background, working with or leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams towards goal achievement
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Product/Software development, with solid understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation and continuous improvement
- Have the capability to act as a Technical Reference and Evangelist for the use of new technologies, methodologies and development processes within the managed team
- Ability to easily build relationships with the different players of the tech area, at different levels of the organization;
- Excellent communication skills, both in Portuguese and English, with the capability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines
- Good attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively
- Past experience in Engineering Management roles in Large Scale Product Development organizations is a strong differentiating factor
- Experience working in large scale organizations on a multi-national level with a multi-cultural team is a Plus
- Knowledge of the Scrum methodology is a Plus.