Currently we have an opening for Senior Credit Controller English Speaker in our Lisbon office:
The main objective of this role is managing the Credit Control process for the Benelux by providing an efficient and high quality credit control service. The Senior Credit Controller is also responsible for training and coaching of the Credit Control team. And should act as the voice of the customer and provide a superb service to clients.
- Accurate, timely and efficient data entry and quality checking of cash receipts as per Hiscox standards including give support to data cleansing and mass change processing projects.
- Delivers exceptional service standards/KPI’s and maintain the relevant data updated.
- Liaising with internal and external parties to respond to and resolve queries within processing deadlines.
- Manage and run the direct debt process, to reconcile differences on client and broker accounts, disburse cash received, help recover and resolve outstanding, overdue debts and manage a small brokers portfolio.
- Distribute monthly statements and correspondence of overdue accounts to our clients and resolve any questions so that open items are settled promptly .
- Reconcile bank transactions with Finance Department.
- Apply different procedures depending on the brokerage scheme, product or exceptions, such as:
- Recovery by mail, email, phone;
- Negotiation of payment terms;
- Notice insured;
- Management of notice impact;
- Constitution of the debt issue for the collection company subcontractor or judicial officers;
- Dealing with customers complaints and complex system issues (e.g. EDI, UAT).
- Collect premiums and cover a portfolio of brokers and partners (banks, mutual funds), according to various stimulus patterns related to the nature of contracts or the intermediaries.
- Ensure each charge of recovery is to lower outstanding portfolio while maintaining a business relationship and a high quality service to our partners.
- Analysis of Ageing report and own portfolio.
- Responsible for: Premium Collections, Check Deposits, commissions payments, discounts and other overpayments.
- Impute regulations in the computer system: treatment of unpaid, in charge of each step of the procedure and clearance of outstanding financial movements..
- Find proactive approaches to ensure regulatory, tax, corporate and compliance requirements are met when applicable.
- Maintain and update Process documentation and tasks Log.
- Training and coaching of the Credit Controllers in the Benelux team.
- Baccalaureate qualification.
- Good mathematical and analytical skills. The need to understand and analyse numerical information to make the right conclusions and decisions and also the ability to assess a situation, seek multiple perspectives, gather more information if necessary, and identify key issues that need to be addressed are critically important.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Dutch is a plus but not mandatory.
- Strong and confident telephone manor.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a member of various teams.
- Curious, willing to learn and showing a challenging conventions spirit.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail and Quality to produce high quality output even when dealing with high volume and under time pressure.
- Ability to organise and prioritise and plan workload to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated personal integrity: doing what they say they’ll do when they said they’d do it.
- Personable, able to develop rapport easily and build relationships across and outside Hiscox.
- Good Customer Focus.
- Results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where the pace and quality of response are critical to success.
- Experience in commercial negotiations is advisable being patient and respectful to our clients and then professionally firm and determined to recover debts.
- Experience of working in an office environment, ideally in a multinational and multi lingual environment. This could include work experience as part of a training programme but is not essential.
- Experience in credit control preferably within an Insurance company is an advantage.
- Evidence of an interest in a career in administration, insurance or operations is required.
- Experience in customer service and negotiation skills.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and Excel skills.
- Finance knowledge on the customer side is a plus.
- Ability to understand the operations model for the business area and company vision.
- Ability to challenge conventions to increase efficiency and quality of operational support.
- Ability to take ownership of operational problems and apply logical thinking to resolve them.
- Ability to think broadly around issues and see the bigger picture.
- Ability to make timely decisions that impact service delivery.
- Ability to focus on making an impact in the area displayed by an eagerness to make a difference, even under pressure.
- Ability to work with colleagues to deliver quality and service improvements.