At Dellent Consulting, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for Dellent and for the people who work here.
- Install, configure, upgrade, patch, and manage Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policy and procedures.
- Provide proactive monitoring and performance tuning including physical server level, database level, and query tuning.
- Create users and assign permissions based on authorized level of access.
- Provide SME-level representation for DBA team to account leadership, clients, application owners, and infrastructure teams.
- Share technical expertise providing technical mentorship and cross training to other team members.
- Maintain documentation of the database environment and infrastructure.
- Work with system administrators, architects, development teams, and business application owners to ensure database changes are in-line with operational standards and the strategies needed to scale.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to administer as well as troubleshoot live issues both internal as well as customer reported.
- 3+ years of experience administering SQL Server.
- 2+ years of experience with analysis/troubleshooting/performance tuning of databases.
- Experience with encryption of Data at rest and Data in transit.
- Familiarity with ITIL processes and practices.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and up in a production environment with replication, clustering, database mirroring and Always-On.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft SQL Server Best Practices.
- Familiarity with SQL Server performance troubleshooting techniques and tools, such as SQL Profiler.
- Clear and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.