Reporting to the Group HR Manager, this role will be based in Portugal. The majority of our staff are based in three offices – two in Central Lisbon (to be combined in the coming months into one office) and one in Sintra (outside of Lisbon). This role can be based at either location, but this person will be expected to regularly visit the other location.
There are approx 60 employees in the client group that this role supports.
As a HR manager for Small World you will be responsible for:
- provide day to day operational HR service to the Portuguese staff including recruitment, new hires, contract extensions, terminations and general day to day advice and support.
- Manage and process monthly payroll & all associated processes.
- Review and evaluate existing HR documentation & processes against Portuguese employment law and standard operating practices in Portugal to identify gaps and issues that need to be addressed.
- In agreement with the Group HR Manager agree an action plan and implement the necessary changes to address the findings of the review.
- This role will cover staff based in several locations and there will be an expectation that there will be a regular presence at both our Lisbon and Sintra offices.
Essential Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- substantial knowledge of Portuguese labour law and general HR expertise.
- strong stakeholder management and experience of working in a matrix organisation.
- the ability to speak Portuguese and English is essential.
- the ability to work independently.