We currently have an opening for an IT Business Analyst based in our Client´s Lisbon office to work on a variety of projects for European insurance business.
On occasion the role may involve some European travel.
- Work with the European business, particularly our Germany business unit, to understand and analyse requirements and be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Have a thorough understanding of Insurance business processes and be able to identify areas for process improvement.
- Build strong productive customer focused relationships with the Business, IT teams and third parties.
- Needs to be an independent thinker, and a key contributor in supporting the project manager towards successful delivery of projects.
- Have the ability to manage small IT projects end to end.
- Produce high quality business requirements documentation (such as requirements specifications, user stories, use cases and acceptance criteria) and detailed technical requirements specifications (such as data models, ER diagrams, UML models).
- Holding requirements gathering sessions, capturing meeting minutes, following up on action items, reporting project status, and ownership of project documentation.
- Managing scope creep and clearly communicating with stakeholders on feasibility and effort analysis.
- Working closely with the Development and Testing teams through out the project lifecycle to ensure that the requirements are understood and development is aligned.
- Reviewing test cases and test plans from the System Test team, negotiate testing scope and timelines, review test scripts, review defects raised.
- Driving the UAT with the business users, which includes performing some parts of the UAT, providing test scenarios and training to the business users, reviewing defects raised.
- Maintaining risks and issues logs and actively managing the mitigation strategies.
- Communicating regularly with the project team members, the IT leadership, European Business Stakeholders, and Project Sponsors to provide appropriate requirements related status updates.
- Expected to work with managers and staff within the European Business and across IT as well with external partners and vendors across a number of geographies (in order to deliver the projects)
- More than five years’ experience of working as a business analyst in an IT environment. Exposure to 3rd party integration & EDI solutions would be a real advantage.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the business. German would be a real advantage.
- Good understanding of Insurance processes and terminology. Experience of insurance market in Germany or Benelux would be a real advantage.
- Experience in soliciting and documenting requirements using a variety of styles and techniques.
- Experience working with distributed teams and relationship building with stakeholders.
- Experience of the full project life cycle and use of the appropriate controls at each step.
- Experience with Agile or iterative methodologies and terminology.
- Ability to combine “soft” influencing, persuasion and consultancy skills with “leadership” qualities that encourage business leaders to positively respond to questions, and requests to meet deadlines.
- Creative, proactive, logical and innovative and will not just accept the status quo.
- Results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a fast paced environment where the pace of response and leadership is critical to success.
- BA/BSc Degree in a relevant subject.
Please send your resume in english with the reference: It_his.