Reporting directly to our Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, the successful candidate will be a senior and key addition to our Finance & BI team, which is split between London and Lisbon.
This individual will work closely with the finance team and also with other data experts throughout the organisation. You will make data accessible to our Leadership Team and Board to inform, and strategic decisions will use your insights.
The expectation is that this role not only provides the data,but utilizes the data to provide the relevant insights and analysis to better understand the business dynamics and make decisions. As part of the BI team, this role will be primarily responsible to track and report on operational and financial metrics (e.g. improving and maintaining our business report)
Working on a full-time basis you will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Improve and maintain our business report to ensure it is accurate and up to date;
- Produce and improve upon our weekly KPIs for the operational leadership discussion and wider company distribution of information
- Act as a central conduit for decentralised data/BI team, consolidating information and providing an overall company/strategic view
- Work with Head of FP&A to ensure we have the necessary tools and processes in place to generate the data we need to gain deeper insight into our business and improve operational decision making;
- Look into the supply & demand funnels to understand drivers of growth. Then work with team leaders to advise processes optimization accordingly;
- Operationalizing data – setting up visualization tools and reports to provide rich and usable information to operational teams that will make them more effective in their daily work;
- Help Uniplaces get a deep understanding of revenue and cost drivers;
- Ensure our marketplace “Health Metrics” are up to date, accurate and accessible to local and central teams.
- Also, ensure these are complemented by more detailed metrics that can drive action;
- Identify ways to gain deeper insights into our direct competition to inform more effective competitive strategies;
- Supply analysis – help the team have a detailed understanding of our supply: such as identifying optimal price, location, availability and identify where we lack supply, as well as looking into occupancy rates, retention & churn to understand ROI quantum and timeline;
- Demand analysis – understand customer behavior, how this varies seasonally and the channel & user segments that deliver highest volume and ROI;
- Pricing analysis – understand how pricing impacts our business and work to optimise the price strategy and structure to drive the business
- Ensure company targets are accurately set, clearly communicated and accessible throughout the organization;
- Work with our technical teams to validate methodologies and analysis and to maintain the accuracy and reliability of the internal and external tools;
- Engage in proactive data production and analysis projects to uncover valuable insights that create commercial value for Uniplaces;
- Forecasting: based on historic trends, the wider market place, and future product release plans build the business plans and forecasts for audience and engagement metrics;
- Other ad-hoc projects as required
Key Success Criteria
- Regular review of KPI’s, trends and audience metrics;
- Maintaining and improving the reporting on an ongoing basis
- Enabling strategic decisions taken on the back of accurate, insightful analysis.
- Generating insights that are relevant in helping Uniplaces’ to achieve its core business objectives;
- Work with the technical teams to ensure the availability of required data;
- Clear, timely weekly and monthly reporting and communication to the business stakeholders;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & Google Sheets;
- Good knowledge of web analytics tools like Kissmetrics and Google Analytics;
- Advanced SQL skills to be used in extracting data for reporting;
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Commercial orientation and financial awareness;
- Interest and knowledge of marketplace business models;
- At least 4 – 5 years of experience, preferably in early-stage and high growth companies;
- A university degree in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Economics or a comparable subject with an academic record of high achievement.
This role will give you:
- Startup experience in our fast-growing, venture backed company;
- Exposure to all areas of the business;
- Competitive compensation package based on experience and attractive stock option compensation plan;
- Flexibility to take time off when necessary & open vacation policy;
- The opportunity to work with talented people in a fast-paced and fun environment;
- Involvement in building a globally recognized, consumer internet company;
- Living in one of the most amazing cities in the world. This role is based in Lisbon but may involve travel to
- London when necessary
*Immediate availability is considered favorably.