Technologies that provide better fuel economy, reduced emissions and great performance – BorgWarner makes it possible. As a leading automotive supplier, we develop innovative powertrain solutions. Our products can be found in efficient gasoline, clean diesel, hybrid and pure electric vehicles as well as in commercial and on/off-highway applications. Through our ongoing commitment to innovation, BorgWarner delivers environmentally-friendly solutions that improve driving comfort, performance and reliability.
BorgWarner Emissions Systems is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of state-of-the-art emissions control systems, ignition systems, diesel cold-start technology and PTC cabin heaters for passenger cars, light trucks and commercial vehicles around the world.
This position of Product Leader is responsible for overseeing manufacturing activities for one or multiple manufacturing areas . Reporting to Product Line Manager, this position will be based in Viana do Castelo plant.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure continuous improvement in production effiency, quality and cost reduction.
- Coordinates with other functional managers in planning and implementing manufacturing programs
- Establish schedules and ensure effective and efficiente use of manpower, materials and equipment
- Monitor the capacity and establish production schedules to meet the requirements of existing and projected customer programs
- Keep management aware of manufacturing performance metrics and develops continuous improvement action plans
- Facilitate the introduction of new products and/or modifications of current products.
- Review and refer tools and equipment for processing and manufacturing
- Ensure development, use and maintenance of control systems and efficiente documentation
- Establish, justify and coordinate the purchase and implementation of new equipment and process, along with manufacturing team (equipment line and spending AR)
- Manage inventory daily production
- Participate actively in identification and implementation of plans to reduce scrap
- Promote and support a team approach to achieve the objectives, emphasing particulary the DCP and AQP activities
- Manage and train team of production staff.
- Job Requirements & Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Post Graduate level will be valued
- 3-5 years of profissional experience in nEngineering
- Available to travel in urgency situations
- Good level of English (spoken and writen)
- Proficiency level Portuguese (spoken and written)
- Training and skills in control
- Ability to train a team of production staff
- SAP, MS Office, Autocad – knowledge
- Self motivated
- Results oriented with a path of realization
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Decision Quality
- Motivating Others
- Priority Setting
- Process Management
- Sizing up people