ALTEN, the European leader in engineering and technology consulting, provides support for its clients’ development strategies in the fields of innovation, R&D and it systems. Its 21,300 top engineers carry out studies and conception projects for the technical and information systems divisions of large corporate clients in the industrial, telecommunications and services sectors.
Every year we peruse new business opportunities and in this occasion Portugal is a promising country with a high and interesting projection. Our activity in Oporto and Lisbon is ongoing and we are building up our team that can grow within the Commercial and Account Management Department.
Find bellow the main scopes and requirements for the position of Business Development Manager.
- Being in charge of your own team of consultants
- Supervising the financial status of your activity
- Organizing & coordinating the commercial relationships with your partners
- Participating to the recruitment attracting policy
- Selecting & recruiting your new consultants team
- Being in charge of the consultant career evolution (annual review, training…)
- Creating new business opportunities by prospecting new customers
- Gathering new business leads in consulting at actual customers
- Optimizing business profitability with mid-size accounts and named account
- Closing offer deals on service-based contracts (fixed-price, SLA-based, delivery-based) or on time-based contracts (delegation of consultants)
- Participating and realizing the redaction of offers, reporting …
- Supporting in achievement of commercial objectives and pro-active development of corrective actions
- The candidate we are looking for should have the following skills:
- Master Degree or equivalent in Business or Engineering
- Fluent Portuguese and English level
- You have 1 to 4 years of professional experience, ideally in business engineering or coordination of technical projects
- You show great interest in Business Development of Engineering or IT services
- You are a good listener and communicator, convincing and pro-active
- You are autonomous, you can manage your own priorities but also you are a team player
- You have initiative and motivation to reach planned ambitious goals
- We are looking forward to speak with you!