Main Target Summary:
Mold Designer – Creates and modifies detailed drawings or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes. Contributes design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Works with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards, and documentation.
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities:
- Design analysis and quality requirements of the plastic part;
- Definition of the technical specifications of the mold, such as: concept, kinematics, materials, injection system, etc.
- Specifications of the development;
- Definition of the construction schedule and technical monitoring;
- Preparation of the technical process of final approval;
- Preparation of work instructions;
- Technical Training and operators;
- Continuous improvement of existing molds.
- Bachelor or Master of Mechanical or Polymer Engineering or similar;
- 2/3 years in industrial environment;
- Experience in design of molds for plastic injection 3D CAD systems;
- Knowledge in analysis of Moldflow studies;
- Knowledge of systems and production techniques;
- Knowledge of polymer processing;
- Focus on quality and standardization;
- Knowledge automotive standards (APQP, TS16949);
- Strong ability for teamwork;
- Strong engagement, flexibility and resilience;
- Strong in communication;
- Written and spoken English;
- Pro-activity and dynamism.