SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Inside Sales Engineer assists customers by identifying the best solution for their application; offers and sells complete product solutions; provides commercial and technical support to customers; always aims to provide the highest standards of customer service in accordance with the Think Customer principles; works with peers, Outside Sales, Service Engineers, Product Managers, Business Managers, etc.
REPORTS TO : Projects & MRO Manager
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Qualify customer requests for quotation to ensure that a quote will meet the customers’ application and operational needs.
- Prepare customer quotations that are on time, technically accurate, commercially verified, offering the best all-round solution.
- Follow-up on quotations with customers as agreed with Outside Sales.
- Negotiate sales orders within agreed delegation of authority.
- Maintain accurate and complete records in CRM/OCM.
- Ensure that purchase orders are commercially complete and accurate before processing for order entry in accordance with relevant procedures.
- Answer customer questions.
- Provide advice on technical solutions and benefits.
- Communicate with manufacturing locations for queries regarding lead-time, specials, etc.
- Provide after-sales service to customers.
- Attend customer meetings as required, including customer site visits.
- Ensure activities are carried out inline with agreed departmental KPIs.
- Attend relevant technical and commercial trainings as required to maintain a high level of product and process knowledge, including new products as and when released.
- Comply with local and international Emerson Trade Compliance and Quality Management procedures, as well as the Emerson Ethics policy, with respect to all business activities.
- Other responsibilities as reasonably required.
Other responsibilities or tasks that are within your skills and abilities, whenever reasonably instructed. The business reserves the right to make reasonable adjustments in line with business requirements.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering field is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in the sector.
- Fluent English and Portuguese.
- Any other European language skills are beneficial
In addition, the following skills and competencies will be required:
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Motivating Others
- Priority Setting
- Sizing Up People
- Building Effective Teams
- Hiring and Staffing
- Excellent communication skills
- Spanish language is a must
- Previous Site/End User experience will be highly considered